24.02.2017[Breaking the Silence]
When an autoimmune disease breaks out the immune system gets confused and instead of protecting the body it attacks itself. It seems that in the past year, such behavior has developed as a natural, but worrisome, reaction to the government’s campaign...
08.02.2017[Breaking the Silence]
As an Israeli, it’s not my place to tell Netanyahu to stop interfering in decisions made by the British government. That’s something British citizens can do. What I can do is shed some light on the reason Netanyahu is so intent on stopping us, an...
27.01.2017[Breaking the Silence]
Issa Amro, a native of the city of Hebron and a prominent Palestinian advocate of nonviolent resistance, has been waiting now for nearly two months to find out when he can expect to face trial in an Israeli military courtroom. He has been accused of a...
14.01.2017[Breaking the Silence]
The IDF raid on Kafr Qaddum in the West Bank last Tuesday night did not become just another dry statistic. The reason: an 80-year-old Palestinian woman was injured. IDF claims she was never pushed and simply felt unwell.
29.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
In the northeast part of the settlement of Beit El, there is a building bearing the name of the newly appointed American ambassador to Israel — David Friedman. The Friedman edifice is located on the grounds of a girls’ high school (Ulpana), which...
13.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
The Palestinian refugee camp inside the city of Jerusalem is a blight on Israel which must be corrected immediately. | Opinion
06.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Naftali Bennett is trying to scare principals and deepen the delegitimization of the occupation’s opponents. He won’t succeed.
01.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
The summons was prompted by a complaint over alleged incitement at the program, but no incitement has been found and there is no formal ministry policy banning such programming, sources say.
01.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Life and death in East Jerusalem’s Palestinian refugee camp. By RACHEL KUSHNER
29.11.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Knesset legal adviser warns of 'significant minefields' ahead of Wednesday vote on the measure, aimed at averting a court-ordered evacuation of Amona.
22.11.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Israeli and Palestinian rights activists have weathered many years of repeated and well-coordinated attacks on democratic and liberal values. But we're still here. And we have hard-won lessons to offer.
01.11.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Faculty from the Ben Gurion University of the Negev will present an alternative award to the controversial NGO rights group Breaking the Silence in lieu of a canceled prize the group was supposed to receive from the university.
In two cables from '67 and '68, Foreign Ministry officials admit violations of Geneva Conventions, instruct diplomats how to evade need for compliance by eschewing use of the word ‘occupation.’
Sources familiar with the plan said the land envisioned for new housing only allowed for a handful of homes, Haaretz learns.
In testimony at his manslaughter trial for summarily executing a disarmed Palestinian attacker, Elor Azaria is openly describing the violence, de-humanization, hatred, and settler domination that defines the occupation. But make no mistake, he’s not...
Irish author Colm Toibin toured the West Bank last week to collect material for his contribution to an a 2017 anthology.
Critics say law, which mandates special requirements for NGOs that get most of their funding from foreign governments, disproportionately targets human rights organizations.
Seeing the reality of Hebron with groups like Breaking the Silence is important. But it’s even more crucial to take the anti-occupation message back into our Diaspora Jewish communities.
Their literary reflections on all aspects of life in the territories - from the military court system to Ramallah’s hip-hop scene - will be published in 2017 in an anthology organised by Breaking the Silence, a group of former Israeli soldiers trying...
$20,000 donation almost four times amount of Ben-Gurion University prize nixed by its president.
By retracting a prize to Breaking the Silence in the name of 'the consensus', Ben-Gurion University has made a dangerous capitulation to the forces that seek to suppress civil society.
- Wed, 22 Mar 2017 20:46:29RT @ShovrimShtika: "The moral argument is the deepest one because it's right"
-Richard Gere, Hebron https://t.co/hrmXKMu75r
- Mon, 20 Mar 2017 13:18:06RT @YachadUK: Today with @HabonimDrorUK we are in the South Hebron Hills with @BtSIsrael seeing how Palestinians and Israelis live here. ht…
- Thu, 09 Mar 2017 07:35:06RT @jstreetu: Clarity & truth from @BtSIsrael's Yuli Novak at #JSt2017: "There is NO moral way to conduct an occupation." #InternationalWom…
- Thu, 02 Mar 2017 18:15:10IL State Attorney backed down from demand that we reveal the ID of testifiers
Full post: https://t.co/q0ALSjiIlg
- Wed, 01 Mar 2017 11:41:26Our Dir. Yuli Novak meeting @BernieSanders with Amal Elsana Alh’jooj, Libby Lenkinski, @dahliasc, @HagaiElAd
- Wed, 01 Mar 2017 01:52:09Cooperation against occupation. Proud to work with @rabbijilljacobs @truahrabbis
Continue following us at… https://t.co/7pTJA3xCHa
- Tue, 28 Feb 2017 18:08:09RT @rabbijilljacobs: Enjoyed talking to @RabbiAssembly friends abt @BtSIsrael @truahrabbis partnership & including West Bank day in synagog…
- Mon, 27 Feb 2017 22:55:32We agree.
Continue following us @ShovrimShtika https://t.co/30pngv724c
- Mon, 27 Feb 2017 22:54:27Continue following us @ShovrimShtika https://t.co/o8WHERnZGA
- Mon, 27 Feb 2017 22:41:16RT @avner87: .@BarryShrage we are also part of Israel. Will you come with @BtSIsrael to #Hebron and hear other Israeli voices?
- Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:51:08RT @NewIsraelFund: "Human rights organizations in Israel are under governmental attacks."
Yuli Novak @BtSIsrael at #JSt2017
- Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:50:04RT @jstreetu: "You want to be a democracy but 1/3 of the population cannot vote. That's not a democracy." -Yuli Novak of @BtSIsrael #JSt2017
- Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:47:38While the Israeli Gov is sacrificing our democracy for the occupation, we're at @jstreetdotorg with the Jewish comm… https://t.co/PpTkXbHMfv
- Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:44:27RT @NewIsraelFund: There is no moral way to conduct an occupation.
Yuli Novak of @BtSIsrael at #JSt2017
- Sun, 26 Feb 2017 18:16:40RT @JStreetUSmith: Yuli Novak of @BtSIsrael : "There is simply no moral way to conduct an occupation." Yes! #JSt2017 #EndTheOccupation
- Sat, 25 Feb 2017 20:54:48We see the American Jewish comm as a natural partner in our call to end the occupation
This Week: @LimmudNY, Synago… https://t.co/YhNEZR0g8A
- Sat, 25 Feb 2017 20:09:03"Express respect 4 human life, freedom and justice- u have taken a risk"
@AmeinuUSA @Partners4Israel @PeaceNowUS… https://t.co/WnOHya9Fgo
- Sat, 25 Feb 2017 18:10:21@aMenuRM @PeaceNowUS @jstreetu @jstreetdotorg @truahrabbis @ppi https://t.co/qIugayRGVM
- Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:24:54If you are on the side of democracy, you need to read Exec Dir Yuli Novak's recent article in @haaretzcom>> https://t.co/ZcCcx1lwLk
- Fri, 24 Feb 2017 11:05:08RT @haaretzcom: A place where Breaking the Silence is illegitimate isn't a democracy | Yuli Novak, @BtSIsrael https://t.co/OD4cvqdSJj