The order is very clear - if you need to arrest him or detain him, then you do it. If he is 10-years old you would also do it. After a while you stop looking at people as people, you stop looking at children as children, former IDF soldier Nadav Bigelman, told RT’s In the Now show.
Palestinians whose houses are on the a-Shahuda are prevented from leaving home by their front doors and must exit by climbing through their roofs and down the back of the building. There was a time when Hebron was undivided.
08.09.2014[The New York Times]
The only certainty now is that this will happen again unless the situation in Gaza changes. That in turn necessitates Palestinian unity and renunciation of violence. It also hinges on a change in the Israeli calculus that settlement extension, a divided Palestinian movement, and vacuous blah-blah on...
07.09.2014[All These Days]
A group of, mostly Israeli, volunteers spent the day helping to clean up the yard, which is their only pathway home.
American Jews have historically been on the right side of the struggle for civil rights, but when it comes to Israeli atrocities, some go mum.
I, as an enthusiastic supporter of these organizations, who was born and raised in Israel, fought in the army (and was even severely wounded), and served in the Israeli diplomatic service for three decades, now find myself designated a "traitor,"
Yehuda Shaul writes of how he and his friends learned to glorify power, and lost their ability to see Palestinians as people whose lives are no less valuable. Now, he and hundreds of others are working to end the occupation.
13.08.2014[The Huffington Post]
I write this with great sorrow for civilians hurt on both sides. Sorrow for our soldiers who have fallen in this operation, and sorrow for the future of my country and the entire region. I know that as I write, soldiers like me have fired shells into Gaza.
04.08.2014[The Jewish Week]
As an Israeli citizen who loves his home, I hope that many other citizens will join me in calling on Israel to stop this practice of bombing homes with their inhabitants inside – an act that causes unreasonable harm to Gazan civilians.
Veterans have made their testimonies available to 'The Independent' to make a statement against the current fighting
Once there was widespread Israeli outrage over the bombing of homes in Gaza. Now there is just indifference
But former IDF sergeant Avner Gvaryahu is among the minority of Israelis critical of military operations in Palestinian territories, including the latest three-week war in Gaza.
Instead of trying to explain and justify it, we must act to change it. These are the days when we have to say: it's time to end the occupation.
I will never forget the evening my friends and I were sent to kill Palestinian police officers in a revenge attack. We went from soldiers sent to defend our families to murderers of innocent people.
There are moral red lines. Why do we keep crossing them?
26.06.2014[ The Jewish Chronicle ]
A group of former Israeli diplomats and politicians have sprung to the defence of Board of Deputies treasurer Laurence Brass over his outspoken comments about the situation of Palestinians on the West Bank.
19.06.2014[The Irish Times]
Yehuda Shaul says disturbing images represent norm in occupied territories
Israelis have grown increasingly insular, indignant and intolerant in recent years: this is the incident that could push them over the edge.
In Hebron, Palestinians are subjected to daily indignities—large and small.
Israeli organization “Breaking the Silence” celebrated their tenth anniversary last week in Habima Square in Tel Aviv with public readings from a selection of the nearly one thousand Israeli Defense Forces soldier testimonies the group has collected since their inception
Fear not the provocateurs and the agitators but rather the unspeaking, yourselves, 'the silent majority.'
- Thu, 30 Oct 2014 17:23:21Today in Hebron on tour of with a group who wanted to hear the story of the city from the soldiers who served in...
- Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:49:08We invite you all to take part in this important new volunteer program: Solidarity of Nations - Achvat Amim. The...
- Tue, 28 Oct 2014 14:12:35Check out these pictures from the big tour to Hebron on the 17th of October. Tag yourself, share and comment - we...
- Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:48:11"It took me a while, only after I got out of the army, I broke my silence - I gave a testimony to the...
- Sun, 26 Oct 2014 18:06:33At the start of September we wrote about The Samaria Settlers' Committee's demands for segregation of buses that...
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:04:38"Discharged soldiers returning to civilian life discover the gap between the reality they encountered in the...
- Thu, 23 Oct 2014 18:09:25***For the full testimony; http://t.co/25mz6jM4gF http://t.co/NBqifsFhlJ
- Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:11:48We picked up three kids there. The mother was crying, the women were all in tears, the kids were shackled, taken...
- Mon, 20 Oct 2014 13:30:32
- Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:58:00I posted 27 photos on Facebook in the album "Breaking the Silence 10th anniversary"
- Fri, 17 Oct 2014 12:39:03We are in Hebron with 250 people who chose to see the reality of occupation for themselves
- Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:29:10Yesterday at the Open Hillel conference, BtS activist Oded Naaman said, "It's not about saying the Occupation is...
- Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:26:45RT @naomi_dann: .@BtSIsrael Oded: its not about saying the Occupation is bad, about what we are willing to do and willing to risk to end it…
- Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:26:14RT @jacobplitman: Oded Naaman from @BtSIsrael: "we don't do this to 'create a space for our values', we do this to help end the occupation.…
- Mon, 13 Oct 2014 15:32:00"our guide is Israeli. His name is Shay and he grew up in a typical Israeli family in the settlement of Ariel....
- Sun, 12 Oct 2014 17:54:16"The Palestinians complained that the settlers kept bothering them with their farming and wouldn’t let them get...
- Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:20:16As the olive harvest began this week, we already saw price tag attacks on Palestinian olive groves. As soldiers...
- Wed, 08 Oct 2014 11:54:34RT @MJGoldin: My reflections on visiting the divided city of Hebron with @YachadUK and @BtSIsrael for @openDemocracy https://t.co/AU8Sq1vzj…
- Wed, 08 Oct 2014 11:49:16The harsh reality of occupation in Hebron creates impossible situations, like the one described in the testimony...
- Sun, 05 Oct 2014 16:51:19Listen to this important voice coming out of the Jewish community, calling for an end to the occupation and...