I saw Israeli citizens living like masters alongside Palestinians living under foreign rule that I helped maintain. Today, when my comrades and I fulfill our civic duty by trying to hold a public debate based on knowledge, Erlich prefers that we keep...
Impressions from a visit to Hebron: a shuttered town where extremist Jews and Palestinians live in mutual hate
26.11.2014[The Jewish Week]
While democracy is not an imperative feature of Israel for Adelson, Judaism is. To understand his vision of the Jewish state’s character, there is no need to activate one’s imagination or search in far away places. It is enough to visit Hebron.
03.11.2014[Turn Right at Cyprus]
The moral convictions of the BTS activists is admirable. The organisation does not take a particular stance on the conflict’s resolution – there are both those who support two-states and one-state – yet those who work there are resolute about the...
01.11.2014[The Washington Post]
A decade later, a dozen Palestinian children trudge up the rocky hilltop here flanked by Israeli troops in full body armor. The soldiers are escorting them past a Jewish settlement harboring teens and adults who have attacked the youngsters with sticks...
The order is very clear - if you need to arrest him or detain him, then you do it. If he is 10-years old you would also do it. After a while you stop looking at people as people, you stop looking at children as children, former IDF soldier Nadav Bigelman,...
Palestinians whose houses are on the a-Shahuda are prevented from leaving home by their front doors and must exit by climbing through their roofs and down the back of the building. There was a time when Hebron was undivided.
08.09.2014[The New York Times]
The only certainty now is that this will happen again unless the situation in Gaza changes. That in turn necessitates Palestinian unity and renunciation of violence. It also hinges on a change in the Israeli calculus that settlement extension, a divided...
07.09.2014[All These Days]
A group of, mostly Israeli, volunteers spent the day helping to clean up the yard, which is their only pathway home.
American Jews have historically been on the right side of the struggle for civil rights, but when it comes to Israeli atrocities, some go mum.
I, as an enthusiastic supporter of these organizations, who was born and raised in Israel, fought in the army (and was even severely wounded), and served in the Israeli diplomatic service for three decades, now find myself designated a "traitor,"
Yehuda Shaul writes of how he and his friends learned to glorify power, and lost their ability to see Palestinians as people whose lives are no less valuable. Now, he and hundreds of others are working to end the occupation.
13.08.2014[The Huffington Post]
I write this with great sorrow for civilians hurt on both sides. Sorrow for our soldiers who have fallen in this operation, and sorrow for the future of my country and the entire region. I know that as I write, soldiers like me have fired shells into...
04.08.2014[The Jewish Week]
As an Israeli citizen who loves his home, I hope that many other citizens will join me in calling on Israel to stop this practice of bombing homes with their inhabitants inside – an act that causes unreasonable harm to Gazan civilians.
Veterans have made their testimonies available to 'The Independent' to make a statement against the current fighting
Once there was widespread Israeli outrage over the bombing of homes in Gaza. Now there is just indifference
But former IDF sergeant Avner Gvaryahu is among the minority of Israelis critical of military operations in Palestinian territories, including the latest three-week war in Gaza.
Instead of trying to explain and justify it, we must act to change it. These are the days when we have to say: it's time to end the occupation.
I will never forget the evening my friends and I were sent to kill Palestinian police officers in a revenge attack. We went from soldiers sent to defend our families to murderers of innocent people.
There are moral red lines. Why do we keep crossing them?
26.06.2014[ The Jewish Chronicle ]
A group of former Israeli diplomats and politicians have sprung to the defence of Board of Deputies treasurer Laurence Brass over his outspoken comments about the situation of Palestinians on the West Bank.
- Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:46:41What are demonstrations of presence? Watch this testimony in which the soldier explains
- Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:18:48Yesterday we met students from the preparatory military program Meitzar, We hope they will take our talk to heart
- Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:21:20RT @btselem: Black Flag: The legal and moral implications of the policy of attacking residential buildings in the Gaza Strip,...
- Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:09:52RT @haaretzcom: IDF broke international law in dozens of Gaza war strikes, Israeli rights group says http://t.co/cv8I3BZ3Ru http://t.co/DWS…
- Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:06:23Our struggle against the occupation derives from our Jewish & Israeli identity and we refuse to be linked to any racist & anti-Semitic acts
- Tue, 27 Jan 2015 15:10:23RT @btselem: #Israel again demolishes all homes in a five-family #Palestinian community in the #WestBank http://t.co/ypsB2QzSW0 http://t.c…
- Sun, 25 Jan 2015 17:17:52Now on tour of Hebron with Shatil interns, talking with Youth Against Settlements activists.
- Thu, 22 Jan 2015 12:28:01RT @haaretzcom: Israel retroactively okayed illegal settlement construction http://t.co/51w4sDlfqN http://t.co/fKMOX5um3c
- Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:59:48RT @davshay: For the first time in years Palestinians are in the sterilized area of Hebron. Cleaning of course #Hebron
- Mon, 19 Jan 2015 17:11:08Live from Hebron: A store front and the front door of a residential home now being weldded shut. More details to come
- Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:37:50"neutralizing" orchards>>
- Thu, 15 Jan 2015 17:54:20It's a cold day in Hebron touring with @BinaCenter and Tikkun Olam through @MasaIsrael
- Thu, 15 Jan 2015 12:57:33RT @haaretzcom: 70 Bedouin ordered to leave homes near West Bank settlement http://t.co/ZffwYCM9R7 http://t.co/dM61l3Vk1i
- Wed, 14 Jan 2015 17:26:07"You know what? I wouldn’t want my tax money allocated to a “sophisticated machine of lies”, either."
- Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:47:50The Occupation Dictionary returns, this week>> Tampon
Testimonies http://t.co/vNQpOxqvEo http://t.co/hu6IWpEgpG http://t.co/mcwkrmBQ8a
- Tue, 30 Dec 2014 15:45:35RT @btselem: Military still using dogs to attack Palestinian civilians
- Mon, 29 Dec 2014 18:30:24RT @haaretzcom: Israeli soldiers shoot Palestinian dead, say he threw rocks http://t.co/hdjQvNd5vx http://t.co/sclJVgDOWP
- Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:36:48Otherwise occupied / Israel says beaten activists should blame themselves
- Sun, 28 Dec 2014 21:44:21"It’s like starting a fist fight with a baby. Sometimes u can’t understand it" http://t.co/drWU55YCz0
- Thu, 25 Dec 2014 15:07:35The Occupation Dictionary returns! This week: Dry Out
Soldiers' testimonies about dry out http://t.co/6U93aCIqzV http://t.co/sGBrq9zgsK