Twenty-one years have passed since Baruch Goldstein entered Hebron’s Cave of the Patriarchs and massacred dozens of Muslim worshippers. Since then, Palestinians in the city have been placed under a harsh regime of separation and movement restriction....
07.02.2015[The Leftern Wall]
On Friday, February 6th, around 70 Israelis went on a tour of the South Hebron Hills, led by the indispensable Breaking the Silence and Ta’ayush, and sparked by the rad group of Jerusalem activists who’ve been organizing actions together since the...
Instead of ignoring the Palestinian stores and homes whose doors the army welded shut, instead of ignoring the racist graffiti and segregation, President Rivlin had an opportunity to look occupation in the eyes. He didn’t.
Yehuda Shaul, an activist at Breaking the Silence – Israeli soldiers talk about the occupied territories, tells host Yael Wissner-Levy that despite the important steps Rivlin has taken in the name of coexistence, this visit shows he is trying to normalize...
02.02.2015[The Times of Israel]
Rivlin calls for national unity while inaugurating new museum in memory of 1929 massacre victims in flashpoint West Bank city.
I saw Israeli citizens living like masters alongside Palestinians living under foreign rule that I helped maintain. Today, when my comrades and I fulfill our civic duty by trying to hold a public debate based on knowledge, Erlich prefers that we keep...
Impressions from a visit to Hebron: a shuttered town where extremist Jews and Palestinians live in mutual hate
26.11.2014[The Jewish Week]
While democracy is not an imperative feature of Israel for Adelson, Judaism is. To understand his vision of the Jewish state’s character, there is no need to activate one’s imagination or search in far away places. It is enough to visit Hebron.
03.11.2014[Turn Right at Cyprus]
The moral convictions of the BTS activists is admirable. The organisation does not take a particular stance on the conflict’s resolution – there are both those who support two-states and one-state – yet those who work there are resolute about the...
01.11.2014[The Washington Post]
A decade later, a dozen Palestinian children trudge up the rocky hilltop here flanked by Israeli troops in full body armor. The soldiers are escorting them past a Jewish settlement harboring teens and adults who have attacked the youngsters with sticks...
The order is very clear - if you need to arrest him or detain him, then you do it. If he is 10-years old you would also do it. After a while you stop looking at people as people, you stop looking at children as children, former IDF soldier Nadav Bigelman,...
Palestinians whose houses are on the a-Shahuda are prevented from leaving home by their front doors and must exit by climbing through their roofs and down the back of the building. There was a time when Hebron was undivided.
08.09.2014[The New York Times]
The only certainty now is that this will happen again unless the situation in Gaza changes. That in turn necessitates Palestinian unity and renunciation of violence. It also hinges on a change in the Israeli calculus that settlement extension, a divided...
07.09.2014[All These Days]
A group of, mostly Israeli, volunteers spent the day helping to clean up the yard, which is their only pathway home.
American Jews have historically been on the right side of the struggle for civil rights, but when it comes to Israeli atrocities, some go mum.
I, as an enthusiastic supporter of these organizations, who was born and raised in Israel, fought in the army (and was even severely wounded), and served in the Israeli diplomatic service for three decades, now find myself designated a "traitor,"
Yehuda Shaul writes of how he and his friends learned to glorify power, and lost their ability to see Palestinians as people whose lives are no less valuable. Now, he and hundreds of others are working to end the occupation.
13.08.2014[The Huffington Post]
I write this with great sorrow for civilians hurt on both sides. Sorrow for our soldiers who have fallen in this operation, and sorrow for the future of my country and the entire region. I know that as I write, soldiers like me have fired shells into...
04.08.2014[The Jewish Week]
As an Israeli citizen who loves his home, I hope that many other citizens will join me in calling on Israel to stop this practice of bombing homes with their inhabitants inside – an act that causes unreasonable harm to Gazan civilians.
Veterans have made their testimonies available to 'The Independent' to make a statement against the current fighting
Once there was widespread Israeli outrage over the bombing of homes in Gaza. Now there is just indifference
- Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:39:04Read this article by Zleikha Muhtaseb in @972mag "Prisoners in our own homes: A look at life in occupied Hebron"
- Wed, 25 Feb 2015 20:17:0521 years after the Goldstein massacre - in Hebron of 2015 settlers’ violence still prevails http://t.co/ET1pgLcSYu http://t.co/VFPUaTFYSb
- Sun, 22 Feb 2015 18:54:15Ending our day in Hebron with rabbinical students from Project Hayei Sarah at the Youth Against Settlements center.
- Tue, 17 Feb 2015 20:02:51Over 1000 soldiers who served in the occupied territories urge u: Remember those who left us alone in the territories
- Sun, 15 Feb 2015 20:05:34Aggressive just by being there
Watch this soldier describes a settler tour in the Palestinian Casbah in Hebron.
- Thu, 12 Feb 2015 11:25:07RT @haaretzcom: Israel's Interior Ministry lies about transfer of 62 million shekels to settlements http://t.co/ZuCfse7HU8 http://t.co/PCAg…
- Wed, 11 Feb 2015 15:17:18Read the full testimony here>>
- Mon, 09 Feb 2015 12:06:49RT @haaretzcom: High Court orders state to demolish 9 homes in Ofra settlement http://t.co/fQTWH0XOOr http://t.co/GzzHw4HJxK
- Mon, 09 Feb 2015 12:06:00RT @haaretzcom: Israel preparing major expansions in four West Bank settlements http://t.co/LXwQefvZaK http://t.co/UGK2qHKh0B
- Sun, 08 Feb 2015 12:40:03RT @Moriel_RZ: Snapshots & summary of yesterday's crucial tour w @BtSIsrael & @taayush & independent activists to South Hebron Hills http:/…
- Fri, 06 Feb 2015 16:58:56RT @Moriel_RZ: shai Davidovich of @BtSIsrael talking about the occupation to a group of 70 Israelis in the South Hebron Hills."
- Thu, 05 Feb 2015 19:02:57RT @972mag: Israel's president went to Hebron for all the wrong reasons
- Wed, 04 Feb 2015 14:25:54Now on a tour with @YachadUK in the South Hebron Hills, talking about our service here and the reality of occupation
- Wed, 04 Feb 2015 14:15:12RT @YachadUK: second day of our 3 day programme for youth movement members on their shnat year in Israel. Today2 South Hebron hills with @B…
- Tue, 03 Feb 2015 19:51:38RT @TLV1Radio: .@BtSIsrael tells @yaelwiss that @PresidentRuvi's visit to Hebron normalizes the occupation http://t.co/Z9oQkz6fC0 http://t.…
- Mon, 02 Feb 2015 18:18:51Now in Hebron violently expelled by army & police, trying to legally protest the President's visit to the settlement
- Fri, 30 Jan 2015 14:46:41What are demonstrations of presence? Watch this testimony in which the soldier explains
- Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:18:48Yesterday we met students from the preparatory military program Meitzar, We hope they will take our talk to heart
- Wed, 28 Jan 2015 14:21:20RT @btselem: Black Flag: The legal and moral implications of the policy of attacking residential buildings in the Gaza Strip,...
- Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:09:52RT @haaretzcom: IDF broke international law in dozens of Gaza war strikes, Israeli rights group says http://t.co/cv8I3BZ3Ru http://t.co/DWS…