Breaking the Silence issued a statement saying that the Be'er Sheva police had rewarded "right-wing terror instead of doing its job of maintaining public order."
Since ending their military service, the veterans of "Breaking the Silence" have fought to end Israel's military occupation of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. To achieve this, they have spent more than a decade collecting hundreds of testimonies from...
17.11.2015[The Jewish Week]
Without anti- occupation organizations, who will constantly try to remind Israelis that the occupation continues after each military operation? Who will fight to talk about the context of the violence? Who will try to take responsibility and create future...
First major survey of attitudes since 2010 finds 73% think Israel’s actions in occupied Palestinian territories affects its perception among global community.
10.11.2015[The Times of Israel]
Back to the basics: There is no justification for murder or for harming innocent people. But if terror is not a natural phenomenon, we should also ask which conditions may encourage the development of terror, and whether we are prepared to do something...
They tell us that terror and violence must be met with force, and if that doesn’t work — then even more force. But the military occupation of Hebron has not achieved security for either its Jewish or Palestinian residents.
20.10.2015[The Jewish Week]
Anyone who thinks that Israel can indefinitely control Palestinians by force suffers from this blindness. And whoever fails to understand the connection between this ongoing control and the violence and fear that have returned to our hearts and streets...
Diaspora Jews join on-the-ground activism in West Bank.
Our appeal to the Israeli public is derived from the understanding that, in a democratic country, the public citizenry is responsible for the policies and actions of their state, and it’s the same public’s responsibility to change the path along which...
22.09.2015[The Times of Israel]
As a Jew, an Israeli, and a former soldier, I cannot forget, and I expect the same of the society to which I belong. I expect us all to question the orders that guide our soldiers in Gaza. What was the policy that informed these orders? Is this policy...
The opposition's silence at the increasing attacks on the group reflect the apologetic and fearful tone typical of Israel's new center-left.
Kibbutz Movement says speakers at event in questions also included IDF officers, group that seeks to promote image of soldiers abroad.
Avi Benayahu, who served as IDF Spokesperson during both Operation Cast Lead and the Mavi Marmara incident, explains his worldview and tactics in a lecture obtained by +972 Magazine.
Military does not say which ones it is looking into, but soldiers' testimonies in report include shooting at civilians, destroying property and looting cars.
15.07.2015[The Times of Israel]
Israeli political leadership must stop hiding behind the soldiers, as political decisionmakers are the ones who must bear responsibility for the massive amount of fatalities and disproportionate destruction in Gaza.
09.07.2015[THE JERUSALEM POST]
If we are genuinely interested in combating anti-Semitism, then it is in our best interest to clearly distinguish between what anti-Semitism and legitimate criticism of Israeli policies. This approach will be much more effective in galvanizing civil society...
Watch this interview with Avner Gvaryahu, our former head of public outreach, in CNN as we mark one year since Operation Protective Edge. Avner explains how although Israel must protect itself, it must also ask questions about HOW this is done and to...
I was hoping I could use my knowledge to help defend my country, but when the moment of truth arrived, I was sent to the occupied territories to control a civilian population.
Questions about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government’s commitment to democracy have intensified with the reintroduction of a bill designed to cripple the Israeli human rights groups that monitor government and army practices in the Occupied...
Recently I’ve been asking myself: If Breaking the Silence had been around when I was still a conscript or reservist, before I became a journalist and had my own platform, would I have sat down with their interviewers? I’d like to think that I would
Israel’s Foreign Ministry is going after Israeli human rights and anti-occupation activists overseas. Doing so will only make things worse for Israel.
- Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:49:26Last night with students from @jstreetu, our testifiers shared their military experiences & spoke of the occupation https://t.co/HIHAZJcf07
- Wed, 25 Nov 2015 17:59:10In the face of threats & intimidation, the police's resignation, and incitement- we'll continue to break the silence https://t.co/cqoasyXG3A
- Tue, 24 Nov 2015 14:56:28They will neither silence us, nor intimidate us. We will continue to speak out. Read the full story in @haaretzcom > https://t.co/Inp74E2reQ
- Sun, 22 Nov 2015 10:47:34Read this opinion piece by Avner Gvaryahu on the new proposed NGO legislation and what is so dangerous about it https://t.co/1wJyQsV1FX
- Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:36:14Out of our new soldiers' testimonies>> “No problem, beat them up – but do it behind some wall.” https://t.co/WQY4sVHOHm
- Tue, 17 Nov 2015 18:31:30Dozens of new roadblocks set up across the South Hebron Hills, unfortunately they don't improve Israeli security https://t.co/kQWtEA2gNK
- Mon, 16 Nov 2015 12:36:59Read this in The @guardian on a survy by @YachadUK on what Britain's Jews think on Israels policy in the territories
- Sun, 15 Nov 2015 18:10:01Last week one of BtS researcher documented settlers' children "helping" the IDF>> https://t.co/dExG0ARJ84
- Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:16:21A new piece by our very own Nadav Bigelman, a researcher at Breaking the Silence at @TimesofIsrael >> https://t.co/7yxApFGU2d
- Tue, 10 Nov 2015 18:33:44Every soldiers who served in the West Bank knows, the CSC gives orders to the army not the other way around https://t.co/yZ7u3lSZCr
- Sun, 08 Nov 2015 17:46:16#beenthere
Join us on a tour and see the reality in the West Bank for yourself>> https://t.co/HN45mM6ctj https://t.co/PAZTO5yn02
- Fri, 06 Nov 2015 13:12:08Victory w/ @EmekShaveh Supreme Court oblige Civil Administration cancel settlers lease of Hebron archaeological site https://t.co/p3ojMUAMG2
- Mon, 02 Nov 2015 17:15:26@k8gould Thank you for your support! No tours for late Nov yet, keep checking in on our website>> https://t.co/ra4Ssv5BuY
- Mon, 02 Nov 2015 17:02:45As long as we control the Palestinians -we'll never have a sense of security, let alone real security. We're @972mag https://t.co/dwxxTflzWa
- Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:50:51"The internal discussion in Israel is more militant, threatening and intolerant than it has ever been." https://t.co/ZKUXjDGQF0
- Sun, 25 Oct 2015 13:27:34Diaspora Jews bring occupation to World Zionist Congress @CJNonviolence @972mag https://t.co/OuTUz2FLlO
- Wed, 21 Oct 2015 12:32:59As long as the occupation continues, innocent civilians will continue to pay the price... https://t.co/SFcwnHTV5h via @NYJewishWeek
- Tue, 20 Oct 2015 14:10:27@ShutDownAIPAC Eran Efrati is not a member of @BtSIsrael, please correct or delete this mistaken tweet.
- Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:59:10If you're around for @WorldZionistOrg Read this piece about @CJNonviolence & what u can do to resist the occupation
- Tue, 13 Oct 2015 12:32:42"The public is responsible for the policies of their state, and it’s the public’s responsibility to change..."