The opposition's silence at the increasing attacks on the group reflect the apologetic and fearful tone typical of Israel's new center-left.
Kibbutz Movement says speakers at event in questions also included IDF officers, group that seeks to promote image of soldiers abroad.
Avi Benayahu, who served as IDF Spokesperson during both Operation Cast Lead and the Mavi Marmara incident, explains his worldview and tactics in a lecture obtained by +972 Magazine.
Military does not say which ones it is looking into, but soldiers' testimonies in report include shooting at civilians, destroying property and looting cars.
15.07.2015[The Times of Israel]
Israeli political leadership must stop hiding behind the soldiers, as political decisionmakers are the ones who must bear responsibility for the massive amount of fatalities and disproportionate destruction in Gaza.
09.07.2015[THE JERUSALEM POST]
If we are genuinely interested in combating anti-Semitism, then it is in our best interest to clearly distinguish between what anti-Semitism and legitimate criticism of Israeli policies. This approach will be much more effective in galvanizing civil society...
Watch this interview with Avner Gvaryahu, our former head of public outreach, in CNN as we mark one year since Operation Protective Edge. Avner explains how although Israel must protect itself, it must also ask questions about HOW this is done and to...
I was hoping I could use my knowledge to help defend my country, but when the moment of truth arrived, I was sent to the occupied territories to control a civilian population.
Questions about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government’s commitment to democracy have intensified with the reintroduction of a bill designed to cripple the Israeli human rights groups that monitor government and army practices in the Occupied...
Recently I’ve been asking myself: If Breaking the Silence had been around when I was still a conscript or reservist, before I became a journalist and had my own platform, would I have sat down with their interviewers? I’d like to think that I would
Israel’s Foreign Ministry is going after Israeli human rights and anti-occupation activists overseas. Doing so will only make things worse for Israel.
An organization of former Israeli soldiers dedicated to shedding light on the dark side of the country's military is coming increasingly under fire, roiling a country in the grips of a battle against the burgeoning threat of international isolation and...
Rather than reciting the Kiddush on the ashes of those we have bombed, let us recite the Kaddish, a prayer of mourning, for the Palestinians and Israelis killed in the latest round of violence in Gaza. Let us mobilize our community to unequivocally oppose...
Earlier, the Foreign Ministry announced it was trying to thwart a scheduled exhibition in Zurich by the nonprofit, which includes testimonies by IDF soldiers on alleged human rights violations.
2014’s Operation Protective Edge was just the latest in a long list of operations used by the IDF to “cut the grass” in the region.
New reports shed light on the human toll of past conflicts
A former AP reporter who crusades against the international media’s alleged anti-Israel bias takes aim at the Israeli NGO of veteran soldiers in an article that is long on … well, length. But short on substance.
15.05.2015[The Jewish Week]
Everyone who cares about our path and who refuses to accept tired declarations like, “We had no choice,” as an excuse for the loss of values, must rise up and protest.
It is hard, perhaps impossible, to know exactly how ethics factor into each IDF decision on the ground. But there is solid evidence to suggest that, at least in Operation Protective Edge, Kasher’s version of the IDF code dominated practice. One of the...
06.05.2015[The Times of Israel]
One of our veteran activists and researchers at Breaking the Silence has begun blogging for The Times of Israel - check out his first piece here on our book of testimonies on Operation Protective Edge
As a former sniper with the Israeli army, I am calling for for an investigation of the events that took place in Gaza last year
- Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:28:35we call upon our leaders to take responsibility for the consequences of their intolerant words and actions!
- Mon, 27 Jul 2015 17:09:05We were happy to be joined by @gilbertogil @caetanoveloso on a tour of #susya in the face of demolition. #savesusya https://t.co/4KtZAcmNkk
- Mon, 27 Jul 2015 16:25:49Thank you @drexlerjorge for coming ith us to #Susya and choosing to see the reality for yourself. #SaveSusiya ! https://t.co/4KtZAcmNkk
- Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:41:28It is our right and duty to take responsibility to ask questions and seek a change. @LapidAtid you won't silence us
- Tue, 21 Jul 2015 15:50:43This is how the soldiers who demolished #Susya in 2001 saw it. How will it look this time?
- Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:40:26Thank you @drexlerjorge for visiting #susya with us & @AxoStej. Stop the demolition #savesusya https://t.co/ZHsLptg7Dz
- Sun, 19 Jul 2015 17:14:54It looks like the IDF hasn't really understood the meaning of what emerged from our soldiers' testimonies from Gaza
- Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:22:42In Hebron with members of Encounter, talking about what military control over a civilian population really means.
- Thu, 16 Jul 2015 12:18:30"Israeli political leadership must stop hiding behind the soldiers"
New piece in @TimesofIsrael by Nadav Bigelman
- Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:18:53This article http://t.co/ekzatsF5G8 in @Telegraph on Operation Protective Edge & what might be a Palestinian take on 1 of the testimonies
- Mon, 13 Jul 2015 13:50:07So why break the silence? http://t.co/3wKal2ALwX
Dozens more soldiers explain why they chose to break the silence>> http://t.co/MR32RI81SX
- Sun, 12 Jul 2015 18:01:40"these testimonies did not lead to a moral discussion but rather to an effort to silence them. The question is why."
- Fri, 10 Jul 2015 13:40:47On tour in Hebron with @jstreetu students who chose to see the occupation and hear how we, as soldiers we enforced it
- Wed, 08 Jul 2015 12:04:19a year 2 Protective Edge, we explain how Israel must protect itself but it must also ask questions on HOW it's done https://t.co/9zJQau8YNZ
- Mon, 06 Jul 2015 11:44:07I’ll tell you about something that I consider very, very, very problematic. It took place within our forces...
- Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:41:27Watch this testimony portray routine conduct in houses that were seized during Operation Protective Edge
- Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:33:41our activist coordinator, describes his journey from serving as a sniper to becoming a BtS activist @haaretzcom
- Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:32:29Each week we go on tours with the general public, students and groups
Join us on our next tour http://t.co/HN45mMnNkR http://t.co/1zc9rNQKom
- Sun, 28 Jun 2015 14:09:57The Occupation Dictionary returns!
And this week>> Mapping
- Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:32:51NYC here we come! Join Avner Gvaryahu 2day for a talk hosted by @Partners4Israel @PeaceNowUS @hashomerhatzair >>