“Despair is a luxury,” wrote Waldman and Chabon in their announcement of the book, explaining that that they had decided to use “our voices and our words” to bear witness to Israel’s lengthy military occupation rather than turning away in hopelessness....
Award-winning Australian author Geraldine Brooks returns to the Middle East, where she began her career as a journalist, to observe life under Israeli occupation for a book that will mark 50 years since Israel took control of the West Bank.
in campus environments where hostility to and suspicion of Israel and the IDF run high, men and women like Nadav show skeptics that Israeli soldiers are not monsters, but complex human beings. They show that there are Israelis committed to helping their...
30.03.2016[The Jewish Week]
Nonetheless, in a country where the army is an almost sacred institution and where almost everybody serves, their mission and tactics make them very controversial. This time, Breaking the Silence was accused of collecting classified information about...
I work for Breaking the Silence. But why should my grandparents be woken up by a 1 A.M. phone call telling them their granddaughter is a whore? Will anyone end the incitement?
All such tactics have the same goal: To divert discussion from the injustices that left-wing organizations expose into a debate over the organizations themselves.
The campaign against the Israeli Left continues: why did Channel 2 air a segment that paints Breaking the Silence as a traitorous organization that peddles in state secrets?
What will the prime minister do on the day the Israeli public gets up and refuses to keep living by the sword?
Israeli leaders strive to present Breaking the Silence as the enemy. Outlawing the human rights group would not bode well for Israeli freedom of expression.
Netanyahu announces probe after Channel 2 reports group milks former soldiers for information about military activity; group fires back, saying testimonies it publishes are in line with IDF censorship guidelines.
Ari Shavit’s strategies for bridging the gap between U.S. Jews and Israel effectively act to obscure the line that separates Israel from the occupied territories. That line is what Breaking the Silence seeks to protect.
Breaking the Silence initiative will bring famous authors to Israel and West Bank, to tell real stories.
The orchestrated onslaught against Israeli anti-occupation groups have led to death threats and physical attacks. But we will not be scared — we are determined to save our country from the same messianic, nationalistic, and racist forces that harm it.
10.02.2016[THE JERUSALEM POST]
We turn to our society and to the Israeli leadership with two demands: first, assume responsibility to remain aware of the nature of the missions you send us out to carry out and what they entail. Second, change the mission.
Amid an unprecedented wave of delegitimization and attacks on human rights groups in Israel, dozens of organizations throw a mini-festival in Tel Aviv, sending a message that they will not be deterred.
The campaign against the Left in Israel reaches a new low: a planned protest at the wedding of an anti-occupation group’s director and her wife-to-be. It shows that when dissent is characterized as treason, there is no area of one’s life that is off-limits.
He is the 'star' of the aggressive Im Tirzu campaign against Breaking the Silence, but has so far preferred to keep quiet. Now, Avner Gvaryahu is fighting back: he responds to his comrades who accused him of lies, talks about the threats to his life,...
Haaretz investigation: Pro-settlement group Regavim commissioned and paid for private investigation into prominent human-rights lawyer and the organizations he represents.
05.01.2016[The New York Times]
With timing that seemed to be coordinated with the release of the video, both the ministers of defense and education announced that Breaking the Silence, a group of Israeli military veterans who oppose the occupation, is now barred from speaking to military...
02.01.2016[The Washington Post]
Israel’s democracy has been a pillar of strength through years of siege. It is not always easy to tolerate or defend groups that criticize the state or those in power, but allowing them to function normally is an important test of democracy, and, ultimately,...
The organization of former Israeli soldiers is coming under attack from every direction these days — from the Israel’s president to the defense minister to the police. So what’s the deal?
- Thu, 05 May 2016 18:27:27This Holocaust Remembrance Day like each one before, never fails to remind us why we struggle against the occupation https://t.co/RW9XMORu10
- Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:03:33The 10 Plagues of the Occupation. And this time>> The Plague of Demonstrating Presence>> https://t.co/GEyJx498VL https://t.co/RbXcEUTuQU
- Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:04:18We continue with The 10 Plagues of the Occupation>>The Plague of House Demolitions>> https://t.co/W7rcED0iyE https://t.co/mDOqu3mEUh
- Sun, 24 Apr 2016 18:38:47We continue with The 10 Plagues of the Occupation.
And this time>> The Plague of arrests>> https://t.co/EqLhUR4Ahf https://t.co/oaSYSmt3fi
- Fri, 22 Apr 2016 12:03:27As we remember the 10 plagues that came over Egypt, it's our duty to remember and tell the plagues of the occupation https://t.co/wLmaafR6kJ
- Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:45:09Watch this video we made about Ofer Ohana, a notorious figure in Hebron to see the face of the Hebron settlers>>
- Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:34:19"It's been very dispiriting, very confronting so far, and I'm sure it will only be more.." @GeraldineBrooks @abcnews https://t.co/cp99zBAzgV
- Sun, 17 Apr 2016 15:09:21We invite you to join us and This is Not an Ulpan for an interactive lecture and discussion in "accessible" Hebrew>> https://t.co/WZemhz33OA
- Wed, 13 Apr 2016 13:26:16We invite you to read the letter we sent yesterday to the Chief of General Staff of the IDF> https://t.co/euy17SBEoB https://t.co/TMFq2uKDsL
- Tue, 12 Apr 2016 17:56:29We wish The 2nd delegation of authors an enlightening journey full of eye-opening understanding!#btswrites @ayeletw https://t.co/oPyUGlABhS
- Mon, 04 Apr 2016 12:27:38"While he set out to help make Israelis safer he felt that he had instead unfairly infringed on the lives of others" https://t.co/YrG4d7F3jG
- Thu, 31 Mar 2016 14:25:17The Samaria Settlers’ Committee. Sounds innocent, right? Not exactly.
Watch this>> https://t.co/zmTsyOfCpa
- Sun, 27 Mar 2016 15:29:42Join us @jstreetu to hear about the reality of occupation and what it means to love Israel and oppose the occupation https://t.co/w8yUkOZZA8
- Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:18:57Listen to this interview on @NPR with Noam Chayut, a testifier and BtS board member>> https://t.co/Ahr9CQtMhl
- Thu, 24 Mar 2016 21:39:02Yet again @btselem provides us with a glimpse into the reality of occupation>>
- Wed, 23 Mar 2016 13:48:35Watch Yuli Novak answering all the tough questions about the latest wave of the campaign of incitement against us>>
- Tue, 22 Mar 2016 19:36:54Dotan Greenvald, BtS activist, breaks his silence on the recent development in the smear campaign against us>> https://t.co/VYQMkhn8RR
- Tue, 22 Mar 2016 11:55:56Todays editorial articale in https://t.co/AB4AgeV6Yf about the long over-used "shoot the messenger" tactics>> https://t.co/MDOPyJPDPH
- Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:34:14They are inciting against us in order to cover up their failures. Don't buy the spin! https://t.co/SKNum3XEGx
- Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:15:16Our response to Defense Minister Ya'alon's recent remarks:
Citizens of Israel expect their Minister of Defense to... https://t.co/yUYoe94Vrq