As the Israeli occupation continues and soldiers are told to make their presence felt and terrify Palestinians in the West bank, violence and abuse of innocent people is going to take place, Achiya Schatz from Breaking the Silence, told RT.
23.03.2015[The Jewish Daily FORWARD]
In the United States, Jews who seek an end to the occupation have tended towards various types of activism. At J Street, the discourse is political. At Jewish Voice for Peace, it’s international. This has left the grassroots nonviolent direct action...
I grew up in a settlement. I met more Palestinians that the average Israeli. But it was only during my military service in the West Bank that I realized our 47-year rule over the occupied territories must come to an end.
“On one occasion we trashed the house of a Palestinian we thought was a ‘terrorist’ and he and his wife were roughed up and taken out into the street,” recalled Schatz. “We later found out we had the wrong guy. The guy we wanted was living two...
Twenty-one years have passed since Baruch Goldstein entered Hebron’s Cave of the Patriarchs and massacred dozens of Muslim worshippers. Since then, Palestinians in the city have been placed under a harsh regime of separation and movement restriction....
07.02.2015[The Leftern Wall]
On Friday, February 6th, around 70 Israelis went on a tour of the South Hebron Hills, led by the indispensable Breaking the Silence and Ta’ayush, and sparked by the rad group of Jerusalem activists who’ve been organizing actions together since the...
Instead of ignoring the Palestinian stores and homes whose doors the army welded shut, instead of ignoring the racist graffiti and segregation, President Rivlin had an opportunity to look occupation in the eyes. He didn’t.
Yehuda Shaul, an activist at Breaking the Silence – Israeli soldiers talk about the occupied territories, tells host Yael Wissner-Levy that despite the important steps Rivlin has taken in the name of coexistence, this visit shows he is trying to normalize...
02.02.2015[The Times of Israel]
Rivlin calls for national unity while inaugurating new museum in memory of 1929 massacre victims in flashpoint West Bank city.
I saw Israeli citizens living like masters alongside Palestinians living under foreign rule that I helped maintain. Today, when my comrades and I fulfill our civic duty by trying to hold a public debate based on knowledge, Erlich prefers that we keep...
Impressions from a visit to Hebron: a shuttered town where extremist Jews and Palestinians live in mutual hate
26.11.2014[The Jewish Week]
While democracy is not an imperative feature of Israel for Adelson, Judaism is. To understand his vision of the Jewish state’s character, there is no need to activate one’s imagination or search in far away places. It is enough to visit Hebron.
03.11.2014[Turn Right at Cyprus]
The moral convictions of the BTS activists is admirable. The organisation does not take a particular stance on the conflict’s resolution – there are both those who support two-states and one-state – yet those who work there are resolute about the...
01.11.2014[The Washington Post]
A decade later, a dozen Palestinian children trudge up the rocky hilltop here flanked by Israeli troops in full body armor. The soldiers are escorting them past a Jewish settlement harboring teens and adults who have attacked the youngsters with sticks...
The order is very clear - if you need to arrest him or detain him, then you do it. If he is 10-years old you would also do it. After a while you stop looking at people as people, you stop looking at children as children, former IDF soldier Nadav Bigelman,...
Palestinians whose houses are on the a-Shahuda are prevented from leaving home by their front doors and must exit by climbing through their roofs and down the back of the building. There was a time when Hebron was undivided.
08.09.2014[The New York Times]
The only certainty now is that this will happen again unless the situation in Gaza changes. That in turn necessitates Palestinian unity and renunciation of violence. It also hinges on a change in the Israeli calculus that settlement extension, a divided...
07.09.2014[All These Days]
A group of, mostly Israeli, volunteers spent the day helping to clean up the yard, which is their only pathway home.
American Jews have historically been on the right side of the struggle for civil rights, but when it comes to Israeli atrocities, some go mum.
I, as an enthusiastic supporter of these organizations, who was born and raised in Israel, fought in the army (and was even severely wounded), and served in the Israeli diplomatic service for three decades, now find myself designated a "traitor,"
Yehuda Shaul writes of how he and his friends learned to glorify power, and lost their ability to see Palestinians as people whose lives are no less valuable. Now, he and hundreds of others are working to end the occupation.
- Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:54:49Listen to this interview with BtS activist Achiya Schatz on @RT_com on serving as an occupier & crossing moral lines
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 09:44:44Check out the new play “Martyrs Street” written by Misha Shulman following a tour to Hebron with us:
- Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:12:43RT @btselem: Masked soldiers enter Palestinian homes in Hebron in dead of night, order residents to wake their children, and ph…
- Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:16:40RT @adanielroth: Want To Fight the Occupation After Bibi's Victory? Here's How. http://t.co/zOmSguBCRS by @ShevGoldberg
- Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:57:34New video testimonies on our website, watch now!
- Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:20:07@adanielroth joined us on tour this Friday with hundreds more,to see the reality of occupation. check out his blog
- Fri, 13 Mar 2015 13:17:51Ending the day in Hebron with 300 ppl who chose to see the reality of occupation. Thank you for joining us!
- Tue, 10 Mar 2015 11:13:27Following high demand we have added another tour to Hebron this Friday 13/3, leaving from Jerusalem. sign up now>>
- Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:53:19RT @haaretzcom: WZO transferred $14 million to settlements in 2014 - not $4.2m, as reported http://t.co/rQJ37BP19g http://t.co/gM6rG6VeJU
- Thu, 26 Feb 2015 12:39:04Read this article by Zleikha Muhtaseb in @972mag "Prisoners in our own homes: A look at life in occupied Hebron"
- Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:17:0521 years after the Goldstein massacre - in Hebron of 2015 settlers’ violence still prevails http://t.co/ET1pgLcSYu http://t.co/VFPUaTFYSb
- Sun, 22 Feb 2015 14:54:15Ending our day in Hebron with rabbinical students from Project Hayei Sarah at the Youth Against Settlements center.
- Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:02:51Over 1000 soldiers who served in the occupied territories urge u: Remember those who left us alone in the territories
- Sun, 15 Feb 2015 16:05:34Aggressive just by being there
Watch this soldier describes a settler tour in the Palestinian Casbah in Hebron.
- Thu, 12 Feb 2015 07:25:07RT @haaretzcom: Israel's Interior Ministry lies about transfer of 62 million shekels to settlements http://t.co/ZuCfse7HU8 http://t.co/PCAg…
- Wed, 11 Feb 2015 11:17:18Read the full testimony here>>
- Mon, 09 Feb 2015 08:06:49RT @haaretzcom: High Court orders state to demolish 9 homes in Ofra settlement http://t.co/fQTWH0XOOr http://t.co/GzzHw4HJxK
- Mon, 09 Feb 2015 08:06:00RT @haaretzcom: Israel preparing major expansions in four West Bank settlements http://t.co/LXwQefvZaK http://t.co/UGK2qHKh0B
- Sun, 08 Feb 2015 08:40:03RT @Moriel_RZ: Snapshots & summary of yesterday's crucial tour w @BtSIsrael & @taayush & independent activists to South Hebron Hills http:/…
- Fri, 06 Feb 2015 12:58:56RT @Moriel_RZ: shai Davidovich of @BtSIsrael talking about the occupation to a group of 70 Israelis in the South Hebron Hills."