03.11.2014[Turn Right at Cyprus]
The moral convictions of the BTS activists is admirable. The organisation does not take a particular stance on the conflict’s resolution – there are both those who support two-states and one-state – yet those who work there are resolute about the fact that the status quo, i.e. an almost 50 year...
01.11.2014[The Washington Post]
A decade later, a dozen Palestinian children trudge up the rocky hilltop here flanked by Israeli troops in full body armor. The soldiers are escorting them past a Jewish settlement harboring teens and adults who have attacked the youngsters with sticks and stones.
The order is very clear - if you need to arrest him or detain him, then you do it. If he is 10-years old you would also do it. After a while you stop looking at people as people, you stop looking at children as children, former IDF soldier Nadav Bigelman, told RT’s In the Now show.
Palestinians whose houses are on the a-Shahuda are prevented from leaving home by their front doors and must exit by climbing through their roofs and down the back of the building. There was a time when Hebron was undivided.
08.09.2014[The New York Times]
The only certainty now is that this will happen again unless the situation in Gaza changes. That in turn necessitates Palestinian unity and renunciation of violence. It also hinges on a change in the Israeli calculus that settlement extension, a divided Palestinian movement, and vacuous blah-blah on...
07.09.2014[All These Days]
A group of, mostly Israeli, volunteers spent the day helping to clean up the yard, which is their only pathway home.
American Jews have historically been on the right side of the struggle for civil rights, but when it comes to Israeli atrocities, some go mum.
I, as an enthusiastic supporter of these organizations, who was born and raised in Israel, fought in the army (and was even severely wounded), and served in the Israeli diplomatic service for three decades, now find myself designated a "traitor,"
Yehuda Shaul writes of how he and his friends learned to glorify power, and lost their ability to see Palestinians as people whose lives are no less valuable. Now, he and hundreds of others are working to end the occupation.
13.08.2014[The Huffington Post]
I write this with great sorrow for civilians hurt on both sides. Sorrow for our soldiers who have fallen in this operation, and sorrow for the future of my country and the entire region. I know that as I write, soldiers like me have fired shells into Gaza.
04.08.2014[The Jewish Week]
As an Israeli citizen who loves his home, I hope that many other citizens will join me in calling on Israel to stop this practice of bombing homes with their inhabitants inside – an act that causes unreasonable harm to Gazan civilians.
Veterans have made their testimonies available to 'The Independent' to make a statement against the current fighting
Once there was widespread Israeli outrage over the bombing of homes in Gaza. Now there is just indifference
But former IDF sergeant Avner Gvaryahu is among the minority of Israelis critical of military operations in Palestinian territories, including the latest three-week war in Gaza.
Instead of trying to explain and justify it, we must act to change it. These are the days when we have to say: it's time to end the occupation.
I will never forget the evening my friends and I were sent to kill Palestinian police officers in a revenge attack. We went from soldiers sent to defend our families to murderers of innocent people.
There are moral red lines. Why do we keep crossing them?
26.06.2014[ The Jewish Chronicle ]
A group of former Israeli diplomats and politicians have sprung to the defence of Board of Deputies treasurer Laurence Brass over his outspoken comments about the situation of Palestinians on the West Bank.
19.06.2014[The Irish Times]
Yehuda Shaul says disturbing images represent norm in occupied territories
Israelis have grown increasingly insular, indignant and intolerant in recent years: this is the incident that could push them over the edge.
In Hebron, Palestinians are subjected to daily indignities—large and small.
- Fri, 21 Nov 2014 13:27:20Now on tour of Hebron talking about our service in the occupied territories. Join us next time http://t.co/nPCfj7NCZS http://t.co/0FUkLaDVux
- Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:38:35We were kind of political tool after the terror attack in Armon David. We go in 30 days of collective punishment
- Wed, 19 Nov 2014 13:59:05Instead of calming the situation the Israeli government is fanning the flames. Don't send us on a Third Intifada- 2 were enough! @netanyahu
- Tue, 18 Nov 2014 15:20:36This morning began with yet another painful headline about more innocent victims of the wave of violence flooding...
- Mon, 17 Nov 2014 20:03:00Photos from our tour yesterday with the New Israel Fund in Hebron, talking to activists at the Youth Against...
- Mon, 17 Nov 2014 20:01:36Photos from our tour yesterday with the New Israel Fund in Hebron, talking to activists at the Youth Against...
- Mon, 17 Nov 2014 20:01:35Photos from our tour yesterday with the New Israel Fund in Hebron, talking to activists at the Youth Against...
- Sun, 16 Nov 2014 17:35:19RT @davshay: Congratulations @YachadUK for the acceptance to the #BOD
- Sun, 16 Nov 2014 17:25:41Congratulations Yachad on your acceptence to the Board of Deputies of British Jews (BOD)! We want to extend our...
- Sun, 16 Nov 2014 15:59:35RT @AnshelPfeffer: British Jewry has just saved itself a massive embarasment with just over 2 thirds of @BoardofDeputies voting to accept @…
- Sun, 16 Nov 2014 14:29:49“@davshay: @YachadUK @BoardofDeputies http://t.co/Hn72FnKgN2” supporting @YachadUK , join us!
- Fri, 14 Nov 2014 13:22:29On Saturday Jews from around the world will observe the Torah portion that honors the life of Sarah. Sarah and...
- Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:23:19More than 10 Israelis and Palestinians have lost their lives this week in countless violent and fatal incidents....
- Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:20:28More than 10 Israelis and Palestinians have lost their lives this week in countless violent and fatal incidents....
- Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:51:41The IDF rules of engagement are intended to guide the reactions of soldiers facing attacks. In this testimony the...
- Sun, 09 Nov 2014 14:35:31"This is something us Jews in the diaspora should learn from. We are often too timid to condemn Israel because we...
- Fri, 07 Nov 2014 14:18:32Despite the tensed and difficult week in Jerusalem, we continued our work and set out to the streets with tours...
- Thu, 06 Nov 2014 17:26:06A peek into everyday life in Hebron>> the occupation is not only arrests, violence and settlers attacks. in...
- Thu, 06 Nov 2014 15:35:49A peek into everyday life in Hebron>> the occupation is not only arrests, violence and settlers attacks. in...
- Wed, 05 Nov 2014 20:53:39RT @art_4_thought: My piece 'Defense Playlist' was inspired by my South Hebron tour with @BtSIsrael