08.09.2014[The New York Times]
The only certainty now is that this will happen again unless the situation in Gaza changes. That in turn necessitates Palestinian unity and renunciation of violence. It also hinges on a change in the Israeli calculus that settlement extension, a divided Palestinian movement, and vacuous blah-blah on...
07.09.2014[All These Days]
A group of, mostly Israeli, volunteers spent the day helping to clean up the yard, which is their only pathway home.
American Jews have historically been on the right side of the struggle for civil rights, but when it comes to Israeli atrocities, some go mum.
I, as an enthusiastic supporter of these organizations, who was born and raised in Israel, fought in the army (and was even severely wounded), and served in the Israeli diplomatic service for three decades, now find myself designated a "traitor,"
Yehuda Shaul writes of how he and his friends learned to glorify power, and lost their ability to see Palestinians as people whose lives are no less valuable. Now, he and hundreds of others are working to end the occupation.
13.08.2014[The Huffington Post]
I write this with great sorrow for civilians hurt on both sides. Sorrow for our soldiers who have fallen in this operation, and sorrow for the future of my country and the entire region. I know that as I write, soldiers like me have fired shells into Gaza.
04.08.2014[The Jewish Week]
As an Israeli citizen who loves his home, I hope that many other citizens will join me in calling on Israel to stop this practice of bombing homes with their inhabitants inside – an act that causes unreasonable harm to Gazan civilians.
Veterans have made their testimonies available to 'The Independent' to make a statement against the current fighting
Once there was widespread Israeli outrage over the bombing of homes in Gaza. Now there is just indifference
But former IDF sergeant Avner Gvaryahu is among the minority of Israelis critical of military operations in Palestinian territories, including the latest three-week war in Gaza.
Instead of trying to explain and justify it, we must act to change it. These are the days when we have to say: it's time to end the occupation.
I will never forget the evening my friends and I were sent to kill Palestinian police officers in a revenge attack. We went from soldiers sent to defend our families to murderers of innocent people.
There are moral red lines. Why do we keep crossing them?
26.06.2014[ The Jewish Chronicle ]
A group of former Israeli diplomats and politicians have sprung to the defence of Board of Deputies treasurer Laurence Brass over his outspoken comments about the situation of Palestinians on the West Bank.
19.06.2014[The Irish Times]
Yehuda Shaul says disturbing images represent norm in occupied territories
Israelis have grown increasingly insular, indignant and intolerant in recent years: this is the incident that could push them over the edge.
In Hebron, Palestinians are subjected to daily indignities—large and small.
Israeli organization “Breaking the Silence” celebrated their tenth anniversary last week in Habima Square in Tel Aviv with public readings from a selection of the nearly one thousand Israeli Defense Forces soldier testimonies the group has collected since their inception
Fear not the provocateurs and the agitators but rather the unspeaking, yourselves, 'the silent majority.'
12.06.2014[ The Jewish Chronicle]
A group called Breaking the Silence has spent 10 years collecting accounts from Israeli soldiers who served in the Palestinian territories. To mark the milestone, 10 hours' worth of testimony was read to an audience in Tel Aviv. Here we print some extracts
- Wed, 17 Sep 2014 15:22:10We're very happy to invite everyone in Poland to join Breaking the Silence co founder, Yehuda Shaul, on a talk...
- Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:46:41So what has been going on in Hebron over the past few weeks?
The abandoned Palestinian Gold Market that was shut...
- Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:35:20Check out the pics from our tour to Hebron this past Friday - tag and share if you see yourself! We would also...
- Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:09:56Check out the pics from our tour to Hebron this last Friday, tag and share if you see yourself! We would also...
- Sun, 14 Sep 2014 15:07:08Check out thses pics from our tour to Hebron this last Friday, tag and share if you see yourself! We would also...
- Thu, 11 Sep 2014 15:13:54@NYTimesCohen : "Read Yehuda Shaul: “We needed to erase the humanity of Palestinians along with our own humanity.”
- Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:25:32"Periodic eruptions are intrinsic to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s strategy of maintaining the status quo...
- Tue, 09 Sep 2014 17:22:41Today we toured Hebron with a group from The Jewish Theological Seminary. In the picture the group meets...
- Mon, 08 Sep 2014 16:03:51When we served in Hebron we knew the orders very well: "You don't touch the settlers. That's not your job. You...
- Sun, 07 Sep 2014 15:22:32In every tour we guide to Hebron we stop in what we called as soldiers "the Mute's house"
Sahaar is not mute,...
- Thu, 04 Sep 2014 18:51:31Hebron is a microcosm of the brutality and complexity of the 47-year-old Israeli occupation. Over the past two...
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 15:15:49we as solders called this street sterile. talking to one of the Pali' who can't leave front door of her house #Hebron
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 15:04:10The Samaria Settlers' Committee is calling for Apartheid in the West Bank.
In the following video, the committee...
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:42:32"In order to grow up, we need to stop thinking like occupiers, and to start thinking like human beings. As human...
- Fri, 29 Aug 2014 17:18:57We would like to congratulate our friends at B'Tselem for their candidancy for the Václav Havel Human Rights...
- Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:39:39Main check-point in #hebron connecting H1-H2 changes after a flare was shot at it in riots last week.
- Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:18:58In susya with a full bus of people learning about the occupation.
- Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:55:05keep following also on Twitter @btsisrael & updates on http://t.co/KXMcuttgqP http://t.co/d231uucYsG
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 18:24:28We endeavor to stimulate public debate about the price paid for a reality in which young soldiers face a civilian...
- Sun, 17 Aug 2014 16:37:55Last night we joined the demonstration in Tel Aviv and called for an end to violence in the region!