10.02.2016[THE JERUSALEM POST]
We turn to our society and to the Israeli leadership with two demands: first, assume responsibility to remain aware of the nature of the missions you send us out to carry out and what they entail. Second, change the mission.
Amid an unprecedented wave of delegitimization and attacks on human rights groups in Israel, dozens of organizations throw a mini-festival in Tel Aviv, sending a message that they will not be deterred.
The campaign against the Left in Israel reaches a new low: a planned protest at the wedding of an anti-occupation group’s director and her wife-to-be. It shows that when dissent is characterized as treason, there is no area of one’s life that is off-limits.
He is the 'star' of the aggressive Im Tirzu campaign against Breaking the Silence, but has so far preferred to keep quiet. Now, Avner Gvaryahu is fighting back: he responds to his comrades who accused him of lies, talks about the threats to his life,...
Haaretz investigation: Pro-settlement group Regavim commissioned and paid for private investigation into prominent human-rights lawyer and the organizations he represents.
05.01.2016[The New York Times]
With timing that seemed to be coordinated with the release of the video, both the ministers of defense and education announced that Breaking the Silence, a group of Israeli military veterans who oppose the occupation, is now barred from speaking to military...
02.01.2016[The Washington Post]
Israel’s democracy has been a pillar of strength through years of siege. It is not always easy to tolerate or defend groups that criticize the state or those in power, but allowing them to function normally is an important test of democracy, and, ultimately,...
The organization of former Israeli soldiers is coming under attack from every direction these days — from the Israel’s president to the defense minister to the police. So what’s the deal?
Instead of giving in to incitement and violence, police must do their duty to protect the organization.
Senior police brass hound venue over minor business license violations. Police shut down a similar Breaking the Silence event last week citing right-wing threats against it.
Breaking the Silence issued a statement saying that the Be'er Sheva police had rewarded "right-wing terror instead of doing its job of maintaining public order."
Since ending their military service, the veterans of "Breaking the Silence" have fought to end Israel's military occupation of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. To achieve this, they have spent more than a decade collecting hundreds of testimonies from...
17.11.2015[The Jewish Week]
Without anti- occupation organizations, who will constantly try to remind Israelis that the occupation continues after each military operation? Who will fight to talk about the context of the violence? Who will try to take responsibility and create future...
First major survey of attitudes since 2010 finds 73% think Israel’s actions in occupied Palestinian territories affects its perception among global community.
10.11.2015[The Times of Israel]
Back to the basics: There is no justification for murder or for harming innocent people. But if terror is not a natural phenomenon, we should also ask which conditions may encourage the development of terror, and whether we are prepared to do something...
They tell us that terror and violence must be met with force, and if that doesn’t work — then even more force. But the military occupation of Hebron has not achieved security for either its Jewish or Palestinian residents.
20.10.2015[The Jewish Week]
Anyone who thinks that Israel can indefinitely control Palestinians by force suffers from this blindness. And whoever fails to understand the connection between this ongoing control and the violence and fear that have returned to our hearts and streets...
Diaspora Jews join on-the-ground activism in West Bank.
Our appeal to the Israeli public is derived from the understanding that, in a democratic country, the public citizenry is responsible for the policies and actions of their state, and it’s the same public’s responsibility to change the path along which...
22.09.2015[The Times of Israel]
As a Jew, an Israeli, and a former soldier, I cannot forget, and I expect the same of the society to which I belong. I expect us all to question the orders that guide our soldiers in Gaza. What was the policy that informed these orders? Is this policy...
The opposition's silence at the increasing attacks on the group reflect the apologetic and fearful tone typical of Israel's new center-left.
- Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:14:47Talking about it (video 4/5)>> "my mom told me, let it be, don't tell me what you do there, just come back alive" https://t.co/yOsPUJ1aOS
- Wed, 10 Feb 2016 17:04:56For those of you that were with us in spirit>>
Here's a taste from "Blacklisted: A show with a glimmer of hope" ! https://t.co/D7U60IRhrV
- Tue, 09 Feb 2016 16:59:28Last night the Israeli Knesset passed the first reading of the NGO bill. Just another step in curbing free speech>> https://t.co/b8JUmIcaJF
- Sun, 07 Feb 2016 17:08:04Last Friday we stood together, artists, NGOs & the public to support justice equality and freedom! Read more @972mag https://t.co/LEA3WbPI0g
- Wed, 03 Feb 2016 18:10:20Join us for an afternoon of music, art & protest https://t.co/A924de3bm6
"Blacklisted" A show with a glimmer of hope https://t.co/wWSOp7SReu
- Tue, 02 Feb 2016 11:07:58NOW>> the largest demolition order that has been issued in over a decade, being executed in the South Hebron Hills. https://t.co/wb5tizhuFB
- Sun, 31 Jan 2016 14:55:39We've broken the silence because we're not willing to stop dreaming that this can be a better place>> https://t.co/qwJxVXgZGv
- Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:33:00"those who are able to step on the brakes prefer to sit on the fence." @972mag >> https://t.co/6yW9eU7Y2z
- Wed, 27 Jan 2016 17:43:37"This number seems odd.. the minority is responsible for most of the illegal construction.." https://t.co/fl145jr29o https://t.co/4wGIYPt56u
- Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:36:18Who came out with homophobic statements against our executive director Yuli Novak and her partner? @972mag https://t.co/GrEhQJh8qZ
- Mon, 25 Jan 2016 14:06:00"it goes without saying that you go to the most combative role possible, and you give as much as possible."
- Sat, 23 Jan 2016 20:59:32The day the occupation ends we'll close our doors, but until that happens, we'll be here>>
- Fri, 22 Jan 2016 12:35:10Avner Gvaryahu has been the target of personal attacks now he breaks his silence once more. We're proud of you Avner https://t.co/1H754M5kGC
- Thu, 21 Jan 2016 20:46:44The settlers of Hebron continue with their messianic and violent mission of judaization of the city of Hebron>> https://t.co/fAykP0lI7Q
- Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:20:37"It’s sort of a cat-and-mouse game... The game is played with guns and stones..." https://t.co/FuoSS1rCOH https://t.co/dfBax5M9Ib
- Tue, 19 Jan 2016 18:53:12Regavim organization, as well as all of us taxpayers, funded a private investigator who spied on human rights NGOs>> https://t.co/xNOe3CqBZI
- Mon, 18 Jan 2016 18:44:50RT @schatzah: History reminds us what's important.
Proud to be Breaking The Silence. @ShovrimShtika @BtSIsrael
- Sun, 17 Jan 2016 14:48:25"If an Arab were to come and do those things, I know very well what I can do." https://t.co/gxamMWmICE https://t.co/REKuFnsPTM
- Sun, 10 Jan 2016 15:55:50@BtSIsrael Currect link: https://t.co/Q9SKhaNCts
- Fri, 08 Jan 2016 14:06:31Read the full testimony:
Read more testimonies: