22.09.2015[The Times of Israel]
As a Jew, an Israeli, and a former soldier, I cannot forget, and I expect the same of the society to which I belong. I expect us all to question the orders that guide our soldiers in Gaza. What was the policy that informed these orders? Is this policy...
The opposition's silence at the increasing attacks on the group reflect the apologetic and fearful tone typical of Israel's new center-left.
Kibbutz Movement says speakers at event in questions also included IDF officers, group that seeks to promote image of soldiers abroad.
Avi Benayahu, who served as IDF Spokesperson during both Operation Cast Lead and the Mavi Marmara incident, explains his worldview and tactics in a lecture obtained by +972 Magazine.
Military does not say which ones it is looking into, but soldiers' testimonies in report include shooting at civilians, destroying property and looting cars.
15.07.2015[The Times of Israel]
Israeli political leadership must stop hiding behind the soldiers, as political decisionmakers are the ones who must bear responsibility for the massive amount of fatalities and disproportionate destruction in Gaza.
09.07.2015[THE JERUSALEM POST]
If we are genuinely interested in combating anti-Semitism, then it is in our best interest to clearly distinguish between what anti-Semitism and legitimate criticism of Israeli policies. This approach will be much more effective in galvanizing civil society...
Watch this interview with Avner Gvaryahu, our former head of public outreach, in CNN as we mark one year since Operation Protective Edge. Avner explains how although Israel must protect itself, it must also ask questions about HOW this is done and to...
I was hoping I could use my knowledge to help defend my country, but when the moment of truth arrived, I was sent to the occupied territories to control a civilian population.
Questions about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government’s commitment to democracy have intensified with the reintroduction of a bill designed to cripple the Israeli human rights groups that monitor government and army practices in the Occupied...
Recently I’ve been asking myself: If Breaking the Silence had been around when I was still a conscript or reservist, before I became a journalist and had my own platform, would I have sat down with their interviewers? I’d like to think that I would
Israel’s Foreign Ministry is going after Israeli human rights and anti-occupation activists overseas. Doing so will only make things worse for Israel.
An organization of former Israeli soldiers dedicated to shedding light on the dark side of the country's military is coming increasingly under fire, roiling a country in the grips of a battle against the burgeoning threat of international isolation and...
Rather than reciting the Kiddush on the ashes of those we have bombed, let us recite the Kaddish, a prayer of mourning, for the Palestinians and Israelis killed in the latest round of violence in Gaza. Let us mobilize our community to unequivocally oppose...
Earlier, the Foreign Ministry announced it was trying to thwart a scheduled exhibition in Zurich by the nonprofit, which includes testimonies by IDF soldiers on alleged human rights violations.
2014’s Operation Protective Edge was just the latest in a long list of operations used by the IDF to “cut the grass” in the region.
New reports shed light on the human toll of past conflicts
A former AP reporter who crusades against the international media’s alleged anti-Israel bias takes aim at the Israeli NGO of veteran soldiers in an article that is long on … well, length. But short on substance.
15.05.2015[The Jewish Week]
Everyone who cares about our path and who refuses to accept tired declarations like, “We had no choice,” as an excuse for the loss of values, must rise up and protest.
It is hard, perhaps impossible, to know exactly how ethics factor into each IDF decision on the ground. But there is solid evidence to suggest that, at least in Operation Protective Edge, Kasher’s version of the IDF code dominated practice. One of the...
06.05.2015[The Times of Israel]
One of our veteran activists and researchers at Breaking the Silence has begun blogging for The Times of Israel - check out his first piece here on our book of testimonies on Operation Protective Edge
- Fri, 02 Oct 2015 11:29:10"The settlers started provoking the soldiers, and at some point a knife was drawn – a proper knife..."
- Thu, 01 Oct 2015 15:00:54Now on a unique tour with @ATLCol to areas surrounding Ramallah, providing a deeper understanding of the occupation
- Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:25:25Watch this moving and insightful Yom Kippur sermon by Rabbi Sharon Brous, implores her community to take part... https://t.co/dNObUTVIYI
- Tue, 29 Sep 2015 11:18:02Join a tour to Hebron on 2/10 to hear about the occupation from the soldiers who enforced it http://t.co/HN45mMnNkR http://t.co/u065yVMwFl
- Sun, 27 Sep 2015 16:07:14Back on the streets with our activists meeting the public & sharing our experiences of our service in the territories
- Thu, 24 Sep 2015 13:21:08This article by BtS activist in @TimesofIsrael about the heavy sin we all carry with us every day- the occupation
- Sun, 13 Sep 2015 09:46:09We wish you all a Happy Jewish New Year. May it be peaceful, just and equitable for everyone throughout the region!
- Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:32:29We refuse to be silent and surrender to a climate of violence and intimidation. For our future. click on subtitles> https://t.co/R2r57Epc5j
- Thu, 10 Sep 2015 10:43:48RT @btselem: We are proud to be nominated to #humanrightstulip. Your vote can help us get it: http://t.co/gmHQRo9ffH http://t.co/5NVqE9h4jq
- Wed, 09 Sep 2015 14:44:57One of our new video Testimony>> In the End the Dead Were Palestinian Police Officers
- Sun, 06 Sep 2015 15:16:28As a new Jewish year approaches this great piece in @haaretzcom reviews what you can do to struggle the occupation
- Sun, 06 Sep 2015 15:09:20RT @YachadUK: We're in Hebron and Susiya today with @BtSIsrael
- Wed, 02 Sep 2015 17:50:01Some pictures from our tour this past Friday, If you also took pics - send them to us at>> email@example.com
- Mon, 31 Aug 2015 16:21:30Watch this new video testimony of Nadav, ex combatant in the Nahal Reconnaissance Unit, now our activists coordinator
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:19:08In Hebron with 350 ppl who chose to see the reality of occupation, through the eyes of the soldiers who served in it
- Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:03:12We took to the city centers of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem to invite the public to see the reality of occupation.
- Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:08:46Showing solidarity with 'Women Wage Peace' who are fasting 50 days to mark 50 days of Operation Protective Edge.
- Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:59:54On tour today in the South Hebron hills with the public who chose to see the harsh reality of occupation in the area.
- Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:42:01South Hebron Hills tour blocked by settlers from Mitzpe Yair outpost.
photo: child sent under the wheels of our cars
- Sun, 16 Aug 2015 15:48:10Watch this video of @gilbertogil & @caetanoveloso taking a stand for peace and equality #savesusya