26.11.2014[The Jewish Week]
While democracy is not an imperative feature of Israel for Adelson, Judaism is. To understand his vision of the Jewish state’s character, there is no need to activate one’s imagination or search in far away places. It is enough to visit Hebron.
03.11.2014[Turn Right at Cyprus]
The moral convictions of the BTS activists is admirable. The organisation does not take a particular stance on the conflict’s resolution – there are both those who support two-states and one-state – yet those who work there are resolute about the...
01.11.2014[The Washington Post]
A decade later, a dozen Palestinian children trudge up the rocky hilltop here flanked by Israeli troops in full body armor. The soldiers are escorting them past a Jewish settlement harboring teens and adults who have attacked the youngsters with sticks...
The order is very clear - if you need to arrest him or detain him, then you do it. If he is 10-years old you would also do it. After a while you stop looking at people as people, you stop looking at children as children, former IDF soldier Nadav Bigelman,...
Palestinians whose houses are on the a-Shahuda are prevented from leaving home by their front doors and must exit by climbing through their roofs and down the back of the building. There was a time when Hebron was undivided.
08.09.2014[The New York Times]
The only certainty now is that this will happen again unless the situation in Gaza changes. That in turn necessitates Palestinian unity and renunciation of violence. It also hinges on a change in the Israeli calculus that settlement extension, a divided...
07.09.2014[All These Days]
A group of, mostly Israeli, volunteers spent the day helping to clean up the yard, which is their only pathway home.
American Jews have historically been on the right side of the struggle for civil rights, but when it comes to Israeli atrocities, some go mum.
I, as an enthusiastic supporter of these organizations, who was born and raised in Israel, fought in the army (and was even severely wounded), and served in the Israeli diplomatic service for three decades, now find myself designated a "traitor,"
Yehuda Shaul writes of how he and his friends learned to glorify power, and lost their ability to see Palestinians as people whose lives are no less valuable. Now, he and hundreds of others are working to end the occupation.
13.08.2014[The Huffington Post]
I write this with great sorrow for civilians hurt on both sides. Sorrow for our soldiers who have fallen in this operation, and sorrow for the future of my country and the entire region. I know that as I write, soldiers like me have fired shells into...
04.08.2014[The Jewish Week]
As an Israeli citizen who loves his home, I hope that many other citizens will join me in calling on Israel to stop this practice of bombing homes with their inhabitants inside – an act that causes unreasonable harm to Gazan civilians.
Veterans have made their testimonies available to 'The Independent' to make a statement against the current fighting
Once there was widespread Israeli outrage over the bombing of homes in Gaza. Now there is just indifference
But former IDF sergeant Avner Gvaryahu is among the minority of Israelis critical of military operations in Palestinian territories, including the latest three-week war in Gaza.
Instead of trying to explain and justify it, we must act to change it. These are the days when we have to say: it's time to end the occupation.
I will never forget the evening my friends and I were sent to kill Palestinian police officers in a revenge attack. We went from soldiers sent to defend our families to murderers of innocent people.
There are moral red lines. Why do we keep crossing them?
26.06.2014[ The Jewish Chronicle ]
A group of former Israeli diplomats and politicians have sprung to the defence of Board of Deputies treasurer Laurence Brass over his outspoken comments about the situation of Palestinians on the West Bank.
19.06.2014[The Irish Times]
Yehuda Shaul says disturbing images represent norm in occupied territories
Israelis have grown increasingly insular, indignant and intolerant in recent years: this is the incident that could push them over the edge.
- Thu, 18 Dec 2014 16:38:30RT @972mag: WATCH: A heartbreaking portrait of life in Hebron, in 9 minutes http://t.co/JB5XvsKMCB @Moriel_RZ reviews @yuvalorr’s short film
- Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:55:50Today with students from the Alma preparatory military program. We spoke about the reality of occupation in the OT
- Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:56:21Watch this testimony where the testifier depicts taking control of a Palestinian family's home
- Mon, 15 Dec 2014 15:35:14@WaspInTheLotus of course, you can see all dates and details here:
- Sun, 14 Dec 2014 16:59:35RT @Gisha_Access: Gisha and Adv. Sari Bashi win human rights award
- Fri, 12 Dec 2014 14:58:35Ending a busy week, talking with schools, students and the public. Touring Hebron and calling to end the occupation!
- Wed, 10 Dec 2014 18:35:302day we protested at @telavivuni1 against the lack of political context in the exhibit by South Hebron Hills settlers
- Tue, 09 Dec 2014 12:27:21RT @haaretzcom: IDF 'earmarking 35,000 dunams' of firing zones in W. Bank for settler expansion http://t.co/WDCenfgxYE http://t.co/r88rkGLx…
- Sun, 07 Dec 2014 16:00:06Who is a Johnny? How do you soften targets? Presenting the Occupation Dictionary: Straw Widow http://t.co/6mjVIsRmwC http://t.co/fKBGZaE9yg
- Fri, 05 Dec 2014 16:19:53Now on tour of Hebron with @jstreetdotorg talking about the occupation and the harsh reality of life in Hebron
- Wed, 03 Dec 2014 18:38:38Life on the rooftops of Hebron
- Tue, 02 Dec 2014 14:06:29 Peace now?
- Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:36:04Yehuda Shaul of BtS in @NYJewishWeek to Sheldon Adelson http://t.co/Gus1HrKpqB "An Occupying Regime Is Neither Democratic, Nor Jewish"
- Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:02:05RT @btselem: B'Tselem received the 2014 Stockholm Human Rights Award
- Wed, 26 Nov 2014 14:41:21A good time to be reminded of our female soldiers' testimonies http://t.co/YErC7NYhuS 4 the full testimonies http://t.co/I3dgpUtV2c
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 20:17:30"He stopped the jeep, pulled the kid out, threw him at the side of the road..." http://t.co/S3P21kCthE via @btsisrael
- Mon, 24 Nov 2014 16:25:50Check out the BtS media page, with videos to give you a better understanding of Hebron and the South Hebron Hills
- Sun, 23 Nov 2014 19:09:24"We knew that not all Arabs are terrorists, but when the intifada developed... The Arabs disappear, it's us and them"
- Fri, 21 Nov 2014 13:27:20Now on tour of Hebron talking about our service in the occupied territories. Join us next time http://t.co/nPCfj7NCZS http://t.co/0FUkLaDVux
- Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:38:35We were kind of political tool after the terror attack in Armon David. We go in 30 days of collective punishment