08.02.2017[Breaking the Silence]
As an Israeli, it’s not my place to tell Netanyahu to stop interfering in decisions made by the British government. That’s something British citizens can do. What I can do is shed some light on the reason Netanyahu is so intent on stopping us, an...
27.01.2017[Breaking the Silence]
Issa Amro, a native of the city of Hebron and a prominent Palestinian advocate of nonviolent resistance, has been waiting now for nearly two months to find out when he can expect to face trial in an Israeli military courtroom. He has been accused of a...
14.01.2017[Breaking the Silence]
The IDF raid on Kafr Qaddum in the West Bank last Tuesday night did not become just another dry statistic. The reason: an 80-year-old Palestinian woman was injured. IDF claims she was never pushed and simply felt unwell.
29.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
In the northeast part of the settlement of Beit El, there is a building bearing the name of the newly appointed American ambassador to Israel — David Friedman. The Friedman edifice is located on the grounds of a girls’ high school (Ulpana), which...
13.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
The Palestinian refugee camp inside the city of Jerusalem is a blight on Israel which must be corrected immediately. | Opinion
06.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Naftali Bennett is trying to scare principals and deepen the delegitimization of the occupation’s opponents. He won’t succeed.
01.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
The summons was prompted by a complaint over alleged incitement at the program, but no incitement has been found and there is no formal ministry policy banning such programming, sources say.
01.12.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Life and death in East Jerusalem’s Palestinian refugee camp. By RACHEL KUSHNER
29.11.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Knesset legal adviser warns of 'significant minefields' ahead of Wednesday vote on the measure, aimed at averting a court-ordered evacuation of Amona.
22.11.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Israeli and Palestinian rights activists have weathered many years of repeated and well-coordinated attacks on democratic and liberal values. But we're still here. And we have hard-won lessons to offer.
01.11.2016[Breaking the Silence]
Faculty from the Ben Gurion University of the Negev will present an alternative award to the controversial NGO rights group Breaking the Silence in lieu of a canceled prize the group was supposed to receive from the university.
In two cables from '67 and '68, Foreign Ministry officials admit violations of Geneva Conventions, instruct diplomats how to evade need for compliance by eschewing use of the word ‘occupation.’
Sources familiar with the plan said the land envisioned for new housing only allowed for a handful of homes, Haaretz learns.
In testimony at his manslaughter trial for summarily executing a disarmed Palestinian attacker, Elor Azaria is openly describing the violence, de-humanization, hatred, and settler domination that defines the occupation. But make no mistake, he’s not...
Irish author Colm Toibin toured the West Bank last week to collect material for his contribution to an a 2017 anthology.
Critics say law, which mandates special requirements for NGOs that get most of their funding from foreign governments, disproportionately targets human rights organizations.
Seeing the reality of Hebron with groups like Breaking the Silence is important. But it’s even more crucial to take the anti-occupation message back into our Diaspora Jewish communities.
Their literary reflections on all aspects of life in the territories - from the military court system to Ramallah’s hip-hop scene - will be published in 2017 in an anthology organised by Breaking the Silence, a group of former Israeli soldiers trying...
$20,000 donation almost four times amount of Ben-Gurion University prize nixed by its president.
By retracting a prize to Breaking the Silence in the name of 'the consensus', Ben-Gurion University has made a dangerous capitulation to the forces that seek to suppress civil society.
The anti-occupation NGO was to get a prize for Jewish-Arab understanding until Ben-Gurion University's president overturned her department head's decision.
- Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:24:54If you are on the side of democracy, you need to read Exec Dir Yuli Novak's recent article in @haaretzcom>> https://t.co/ZcCcx1lwLk
- Fri, 24 Feb 2017 11:05:08RT @haaretzcom: A place where Breaking the Silence is illegitimate isn't a democracy | Yuli Novak, @BtSIsrael https://t.co/OD4cvqdSJj
- Wed, 22 Feb 2017 13:45:15RT @avner87: Proud to be presenting on behalf of @BtSIsrael at congregation Beit Shalom in Syracuse NY @USCJ
- Tue, 21 Feb 2017 17:34:52RT @vivalid: 'Unless we address #IsraelOccupation there will be more like #ElorAzaria' says @Iss_Dean on Israeli court ruling: https://t.co…
- Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:10:01RT @avner87: Come find me @LimmudNY and learn about @BtSIsrael. My session starts at 10.30 ⏱ https://t.co/x00LI7cdLW
- Thu, 16 Feb 2017 01:32:10RT @EUinIsrael: Thank you @AyOdeh @KseniaSvetlova @Michal_Rozin @dovhanin hosting today's imp event @KnessetIL with #Israel-i NGOs #EU4Huma…
- Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:38:58RT @lisang: In the Knesset, MK Tamar Zandberg (Meretz) reading excerpts from @ShovrimShtika's report re settler influence on soldiers in th…
- Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:33:03RT @avner87: .@meretzparty members are reading testimonies of soldiers collected be @BtSIsrael now in @KnessetIL https://t.co/14mFYYXq8J
- Sun, 12 Feb 2017 18:45:04Read @Iss_Dean breaking the silence about the violent reality he was part of as an officer in the occupied territor… https://t.co/K7biIhilsg
- Thu, 09 Feb 2017 18:16:29Breaking the silence around @netanyahu attacks & land grab bill
We are joining our accnts pls follow us @BtSIsrael
- Wed, 08 Feb 2017 11:15:07RT @JessicaMontell: Breaking the Silence: Israeli soldiers who speak about their service in West Bank/Gaza. What's so scary about that?
- Wed, 08 Feb 2017 11:15:05RT @JessicaMontell: New height of censorship: Jerusalem mayor @NirBarkat threatens to shut down Barbur Gallery if it hosts a lecture by @Bt…
- Tue, 06 Dec 2016 17:57:12Yes, in our schools https://t.co/CECVJ5xc8C
- Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:05:14"After you get out of the army do you look back and realize what you did"
Full testimony >>https://t.co/xYZ4e9O6UW https://t.co/LUcBRvk7Nw
- Sun, 30 Oct 2016 17:49:29"Yesterday, 7 housing units were demolished in East Jerusalem"
What does this headline actually mean, on the ground?
- Fri, 14 Oct 2016 12:04:18This has been our past week
Join us for a tour to Hebron with soldiers who served there>> https://t.co/wTxCIa1JUt https://t.co/i3iq7rWAJT
- Thu, 13 Oct 2016 16:06:45Yom Kippur has passed, but the center of Hebron still close to Palestinians. Every day, for years. https://t.co/gUEY9W4J90
- Mon, 10 Oct 2016 20:36:42"There's no law, it’s like the wild west." [Hebron, 2012]
Read the full testimony here>> https://t.co/btl1YcngDA…/database/576623
- Fri, 07 Oct 2016 18:28:29We had a full week of activities
Join us on a tour to the OPT with soldiers who served there https://t.co/3E8bN9USty https://t.co/k5tI2md2zk
- Thu, 06 Oct 2016 17:44:28Congratulations to @ayeletw & @michaelchabon their activism against the occupation has won them in The Jposts list