The opposition's silence at the increasing attacks on the group reflect the apologetic and fearful tone typical of Israel's new center-left.
Kibbutz Movement says speakers at event in questions also included IDF officers, group that seeks to promote image of soldiers abroad.
Avi Benayahu, who served as IDF Spokesperson during both Operation Cast Lead and the Mavi Marmara incident, explains his worldview and tactics in a lecture obtained by +972 Magazine.
Military does not say which ones it is looking into, but soldiers' testimonies in report include shooting at civilians, destroying property and looting cars.
15.07.2015[The Times of Israel]
Israeli political leadership must stop hiding behind the soldiers, as political decisionmakers are the ones who must bear responsibility for the massive amount of fatalities and disproportionate destruction in Gaza.
09.07.2015[THE JERUSALEM POST]
If we are genuinely interested in combating anti-Semitism, then it is in our best interest to clearly distinguish between what anti-Semitism and legitimate criticism of Israeli policies. This approach will be much more effective in galvanizing civil society...
Watch this interview with Avner Gvaryahu, our former head of public outreach, in CNN as we mark one year since Operation Protective Edge. Avner explains how although Israel must protect itself, it must also ask questions about HOW this is done and to...
I was hoping I could use my knowledge to help defend my country, but when the moment of truth arrived, I was sent to the occupied territories to control a civilian population.
Questions about Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government’s commitment to democracy have intensified with the reintroduction of a bill designed to cripple the Israeli human rights groups that monitor government and army practices in the Occupied...
Recently I’ve been asking myself: If Breaking the Silence had been around when I was still a conscript or reservist, before I became a journalist and had my own platform, would I have sat down with their interviewers? I’d like to think that I would
Israel’s Foreign Ministry is going after Israeli human rights and anti-occupation activists overseas. Doing so will only make things worse for Israel.
An organization of former Israeli soldiers dedicated to shedding light on the dark side of the country's military is coming increasingly under fire, roiling a country in the grips of a battle against the burgeoning threat of international isolation and...
Rather than reciting the Kiddush on the ashes of those we have bombed, let us recite the Kaddish, a prayer of mourning, for the Palestinians and Israelis killed in the latest round of violence in Gaza. Let us mobilize our community to unequivocally oppose...
Earlier, the Foreign Ministry announced it was trying to thwart a scheduled exhibition in Zurich by the nonprofit, which includes testimonies by IDF soldiers on alleged human rights violations.
2014’s Operation Protective Edge was just the latest in a long list of operations used by the IDF to “cut the grass” in the region.
New reports shed light on the human toll of past conflicts
A former AP reporter who crusades against the international media’s alleged anti-Israel bias takes aim at the Israeli NGO of veteran soldiers in an article that is long on … well, length. But short on substance.
15.05.2015[The Jewish Week]
Everyone who cares about our path and who refuses to accept tired declarations like, “We had no choice,” as an excuse for the loss of values, must rise up and protest.
It is hard, perhaps impossible, to know exactly how ethics factor into each IDF decision on the ground. But there is solid evidence to suggest that, at least in Operation Protective Edge, Kasher’s version of the IDF code dominated practice. One of the...
06.05.2015[The Times of Israel]
One of our veteran activists and researchers at Breaking the Silence has begun blogging for The Times of Israel - check out his first piece here on our book of testimonies on Operation Protective Edge
As a former sniper with the Israeli army, I am calling for for an investigation of the events that took place in Gaza last year
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:19:08In Hebron with 350 ppl who chose to see the reality of occupation, through the eyes of the soldiers who served in it
- Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:03:12We took to the city centers of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem to invite the public to see the reality of occupation.
- Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:08:46Showing solidarity with 'Women Wage Peace' who are fasting 50 days to mark 50 days of Operation Protective Edge.
- Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:59:54On tour today in the South Hebron hills with the public who chose to see the harsh reality of occupation in the area.
- Thu, 20 Aug 2015 15:42:01South Hebron Hills tour blocked by settlers from Mitzpe Yair outpost.
photo: child sent under the wheels of our cars
- Sun, 16 Aug 2015 15:48:10Watch this video of @gilbertogil & @caetanoveloso taking a stand for peace and equality #savesusya
- Thu, 13 Aug 2015 15:53:17The settlers don't want people to hear what our guides who served in the area have to say https://t.co/ZovSu7ja9D
- Mon, 10 Aug 2015 19:49:27Our elected leaders continue inciting in a hateful way.
they compared us to ideological murderers from the far-right
- Mon, 03 Aug 2015 14:06:54The Jewish community in Britian alongside @YachadUK is standing with the Palestinian village of Susya #savesusya https://t.co/j6j1bL9JwD
- Sun, 02 Aug 2015 18:29:01Deputy Minister @TzipiHotovely will sacrifice IDF soldiers & the future of Israeli society 2 preserve the occupation https://t.co/kiE6F3nl9s
- Fri, 31 Jul 2015 19:28:35we call upon our leaders to take responsibility for the consequences of their intolerant words and actions!
- Mon, 27 Jul 2015 17:09:05We were happy to be joined by @gilbertogil @caetanoveloso on a tour of #susya in the face of demolition. #savesusya https://t.co/4KtZAcmNkk
- Mon, 27 Jul 2015 16:25:49Thank you @drexlerjorge for coming ith us to #Susya and choosing to see the reality for yourself. #SaveSusiya ! https://t.co/4KtZAcmNkk
- Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:41:28It is our right and duty to take responsibility to ask questions and seek a change. @LapidAtid you won't silence us
- Tue, 21 Jul 2015 15:50:43This is how the soldiers who demolished #Susya in 2001 saw it. How will it look this time?
- Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:40:26Thank you @drexlerjorge for visiting #susya with us & @AxoStej. Stop the demolition #savesusya https://t.co/ZHsLptg7Dz
- Sun, 19 Jul 2015 17:14:54It looks like the IDF hasn't really understood the meaning of what emerged from our soldiers' testimonies from Gaza
- Fri, 17 Jul 2015 14:22:42In Hebron with members of Encounter, talking about what military control over a civilian population really means.
- Thu, 16 Jul 2015 12:18:30"Israeli political leadership must stop hiding behind the soldiers"
New piece in @TimesofIsrael by Nadav Bigelman
- Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:18:53This article http://t.co/ekzatsF5G8 in @Telegraph on Operation Protective Edge & what might be a Palestinian take on 1 of the testimonies