I will never forget the evening my friends and I were sent to kill Palestinian police officers in a revenge attack. We went from soldiers sent to defend our families to murderers of innocent people.
There are moral red lines. Why do we keep crossing them?
26.06.2014[ The Jewish Chronicle ]
A group of former Israeli diplomats and politicians have sprung to the defence of Board of Deputies treasurer Laurence Brass over his outspoken comments about the situation of Palestinians on the West Bank.
19.06.2014[The Irish Times]
Yehuda Shaul says disturbing images represent norm in occupied territories
Israelis have grown increasingly insular, indignant and intolerant in recent years: this is the incident that could push them over the edge.
In Hebron, Palestinians are subjected to daily indignities—large and small.
Israeli organization “Breaking the Silence” celebrated their tenth anniversary last week in Habima Square in Tel Aviv with public readings from a selection of the nearly one thousand Israeli Defense Forces soldier testimonies the group has collected since their inception
Fear not the provocateurs and the agitators but rather the unspeaking, yourselves, 'the silent majority.'
12.06.2014[ The Jewish Chronicle]
A group called Breaking the Silence has spent 10 years collecting accounts from Israeli soldiers who served in the Palestinian territories. To mark the milestone, 10 hours' worth of testimony was read to an audience in Tel Aviv. Here we print some extracts
05.06.2014[The Sydney Morning Herald ]
This year, Israel celebrated its 66th anniversary. For 47 of those years, Israel has maintained military control over the occupied territories. This is not a side project; this is the Israeli national project.
On the occasion of 10 years since the founding of Breaking the Silence, a former IDF soldier talks about how he came to understand the immorality of the mission his country sent him on, and Israeli society’s silence surrounding it.
One particular settlement announcement that made headlines in Israel was a development in the tense West Bank city of Hebron.
Avner Gvaryahu, spokesperson for the anti-occupation group Breaking the Silence: ‘We want as many public figures as possible to assume responsibility, in broad daylight, for the kind of stories every soldier knows to tell.’
State claimed in 2012 that zone is necessary for military purposes, but ignores seven buildings in West Bank outpost which trespass on same area.
The soldier took part in the incident in which 2 Palestinians were killed even though he was not authorized to do so; the soldier was suspended, but an investigation did not find evidence proving he was responsible.
Haaretz photographer who tried to take photos of bonfire from up close was attacked by settlers.
The new settlement in the Rajabi house will exact an unimaginable toll on Palestinians living in the city.
The death of a 45-year-old woman in Aida Refugee Camp exposes the ongoing abuse of crowd control weapons that all too often become lethal in the hands of Israeli forces.
In the wake of further settlement expansion, British university students are finding it harder to defend Israel to their peers.
As peace talks teeter, three families move into what will be the first new settlement in Hebron since the 1980s – with the full support and blessing of the army.
- Thu, 24 Jul 2014 16:24:49"Inconcivible damage. Not I nor anyone with me could begin to imagine how people would ever live there again."...
- Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:37:26As Israeli soldiers we have a questions for the Israeli government
- Sun, 20 Jul 2014 14:08:34On Thursday we stood together and called for an end to the cycle of violence, while over the past few weeks the...
- Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:13:44We finished two hours of testimony reading from Gaza. Thank you to everyone who stood with us and refused to be...
- Thu, 17 Jul 2014 22:37:10#Breaksilence
- Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:05:19Now starting the testimonies reading at Habima sq, join is and refuse to close your eyes!
- Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:25:39Tonight we will take to the streets and call - We Refuse to look away!
Tonight at 8PM we will meet at Habima...
- Tue, 15 Jul 2014 16:30:27"The red line at which we stopped during Operation Cast Lead (2009), is the same line from which we commenced...
- Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:10:02Protest Rally - We Refuse to Close our Eyes - Gaza 2014
Thursday, July 12, 8:00PM - 10:00PM, Habima Square, Tel...
- Tue, 08 Jul 2014 17:34:49Today Haaretz's Israel Conference on Peace is taking place. We're here to remind everyone that the precondition...
- Mon, 07 Jul 2014 15:45:54We join in the unimaginable sorrow of Mohammed Abu Khdeir's family. We strongly condemn the brutal and senseless...
- Wed, 02 Jul 2014 20:24:38During these days of great sorrow and pain over the three murdered teens, we must remind ourselves that vengeance...
- Tue, 01 Jul 2014 12:14:18We strongly condemn the murder of the three Israeli youth Naftali, Gilad, and Eyal, and join in the unimaginable...
- Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:50:54As the pictures come off the walls and back into the boxes we end these amazing last ten days in Dublin. Thank...
- Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:25:41“What a shame that there are not more leaders of the Anglo-Jewish community willing to tackle these troubling...
- Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:41:05For the past few days over 1,500 people visited our exhibition: "Israeli soldiers break the silence" hosted by...
- Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:31:10"Where did this order come from? It didn't seem logical. It didn't seem logical to me to prevent this girl from...
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 13:51:28RT @trocaire: Listen back to Yehuda Shaul on yesterday's Sunday Sequence on @bbcradioulster. Forward to 22 mins:
- Sun, 22 Jun 2014 16:59:20Over the weekend more than 900 people have visited our exhibition: "Israeli soldiers break the silence," hosted...
- Sun, 22 Jun 2014 16:59:17Over the weekend more than 900 people have visited our exhibition: "Israeli soldiers break the silence," hosted...