Ian McEwan, John le Carré and Julian Barnes are among British authors backing impoverished Palestinian villagers against Israeli army attempts to evict them to make way for a shooting range.
The Ramat Migron outpost is identified with young, extreme right-wing settlers known as the hilltop youth. In recent years, several Palestinians have been attacked and property destructed in the area.
State responds to two High Court petitions to stop planned evacuation of eight villages in south Hebron hills.
Detention of child in Hebron meant to 'thwart a security threat,’ IDF's legal adviser says, but adds that soldiers erred in detaining boy’s father; B'Tselem: Soldiers committed 'grave errors.'
Court responding to petition charging that nobody questioned the Border Police soldier who fired the tear-gas canister that cracked Tristan Anderson's skull in 2009.
When you’re a child musician from Gaza, not a rock star like recent Arab Idol winner Mohammed Assaf, the Israeli army labels you a security risk, and getting to Ramallah is a far more arduous journey.
Everything seems to be forbidden here; only the water tower of Avigail, the vineyards of Sussia, the cowsheds of the Maon Farm and the home of Mitzpe Yair are apparently permitted.
David Grossman, Amos Oz and AB Yehoshua are among 24 writers calling for reprieve for villages in South Hebron hills
25.06.2013[The Daily Beast]
The gathering was organized by the Association for Civil Rights in Israel and Breaking the Silence, among others. And it was an answer to the rallying cry of a group of Israeli authors who had signed a letter penned by one of their number—David Grossman—who called to all "those who are still able...
20.06.2013[The Jewish Daily FORWARD]
"by speaking out about the nature of the occupation and what it does to generations of young people serving in the IDF, these women are doing something far more provocative. For their honestly, they merit the gratitude of all of us who care about Israel."
Gil Hillel, and activist in Breaking the Silence, writes about the routine of occupation.
Testimonies from former Israeli soldiers have failed to touch the Israeli public or change the state’s policies. The IDF gives an ‘explanation’ for why it ignores these and all other occupation stories told by the men and women of Breaking the Silence.
This campaign is of special significance to me because it gives voice to the women who comprise Israel’s army and its mechanism for continued occupation and oppression, happening within a society (local and global) in which, as women, they already exist in a gender power dynamic of systematic discrimination...
The message reads: “We are the army. Be careful if we see you, we’re going to catch you or come to your house.”
A certain air of nostalgia dominated Maariv’s headline last Thursday: “Due to criticism in the world, IDF parts ways with white phosphorus”
Israeli Ta’ayush activists who were accompanying Palestinian shepherds in the southern West Bank village Umm al Amad on Saturday were confronted by a soldier who lost his cool, to say the least.
19.04.2013[This American Life]
This week, Israeli soldiers take snapshots of Palestinian boys, one house at a time, in the middle of the night. This and other stories where getting the picture gives you the upper hand.
A Palestinian is attacked by a famous settler. Police detain the Palestinian, but not the settler – because it’s already Shabbat.
Saeed Malashe is accused of swiping chewing gum, cola and cigarettes from a convenience store, holding up his weapon and intimidating the checkout clerk so he could leave without paying.
Police make rare arrests in connection to settler violence against Palestinians. But the circumstances surrounding the shooting were unique, and likely played no small role in pushing police to investigate seriously.
Do not be misled by the paranoid helplessness of the six powerful men in Dror Moreh’s film – the end goal of Israel’s military rule is the complete demise of the dream of Palestinian independence.
- Sun, 08 Dec 2013 16:48:36Yesterday (Saturday), an IDF sniper shot Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi - a 15-year old boy from al-Jalazoun refugee camp...
- Thu, 05 Dec 2013 18:40:23Firing tear gas canisters directly at a crowd in order to disperse them is prohibited by IDF policy, yet it...
- Wed, 04 Dec 2013 18:00:08"We once went up north, to Zar'it, and I saw the big red button given to lookouts there, a technological develop...
- Tue, 03 Dec 2013 22:26:38The IDF Spokesperson's Unit released a variety of videos today with one central message: the IDF is strong. Their...
- Mon, 02 Dec 2013 19:36:27We are currently participating in a cycling tour organized by the Kibbutz movement. As part of this four-day...
- Sun, 01 Dec 2013 18:15:44We are proud to announce that our North American "Our Harsh Logic" book tour has come to an end this week with...
- Wed, 27 Nov 2013 18:33:42"Being in the pro-Israel tent does not mean we have identical values and goals. It does not mean rallying around...
- Wed, 27 Nov 2013 18:32:44"Being in the pro-Israel tent does not mean we have identical values and goals. It does not mean rallying around...
- Wed, 27 Nov 2013 18:25:42"Being in the pro-Israel tent does not mean we have identical values and goals. It does not mean rallying around...
- Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:59:27Today is your last chance to catch Yehuda Shaul, co-Founder of Breaking the Silence, on our U.S. tour promoting...
- Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:33:39The real question is @ngomonitor who gave you the right to police (smear) leftist NGOs? Why not right-wing? Who holds you accountable? (2/2)
- Mon, 25 Nov 2013 01:30:41.@ngomonitor nonsubstantive arguments dont merit substantive responses. We are fully transparent, not hiding anything, & proud of it. (1/2)
- Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:14:38NGO Monitor's trite accusations last week in Northern California's Jewish newspaper, JWeekly, gave us the...
- Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:21:09BTS CEO Yuli Novak replies to @ngomonitor on JWeekly, read it hear:
- Fri, 22 Nov 2013 21:39:02We will be taking our U.S. book tour to two congregations in the coming days. At 6:00pm tonight, we are being...
- Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:18:20"We have the right, or obligation, to take an active measure. Not just talking at coffee shops, but doing...
- Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:57:19Thank you to everyone who made last night at UC Berkeley a smashing success. With close to a hundred attendees,...
- Wed, 20 Nov 2013 09:41:40“@jstreetu: Proud to host Yehuda Shaul of @BtSIsrael at @JStreetUCB with nearly 100 people in attendance. #2campaign
- Wed, 20 Nov 2013 02:58:07Our event tonight at UC Berkeley starts in just 2 hours. Come hear co-Founder of Breaking the Silence Yehuda...
- Tue, 19 Nov 2013 18:40:01About a month ago, the UC Berkeley Jewish Student Union decided to deny membership to the campus J Street U...