01.04.2014[Breaking the Silence]
Ahmad ‘Awad, whose son Samir was shot and killed by soldiers near the Separation Barrier in the West Bank village of Budrus,petitioned Israel’s High Court of Justice together...
Three West Bank local authorities to receive government grants to commemorate Rehavam Ze’evi.
In an interview, former Israeli attorney general Michael Ben-Yair says he considers the situation in Hebron a form of Apartheid, refers to ‘Price Tag’ attacks as Jewish terrorism and regrets consenting to the construction of West Bank bypass roads for settlers.
Who do you turn to for redress when your city is occupied by a military force that gives violent settlers almost complete impunity? The roots of segregation in Hebron and Baruch Goldstein’s massacre of 29 Palestinian worshipers.
The Israeli army is both respected and feared as a fighting force. But now the country's military is facing a backlash at home and abroad for its treatment of children in the West Bank, occupied territory.
The occupation doesn’t only takes its toll on Palestinian adults; in even more ways, it affects Palestinian children. In occupied East Jerusalem, children as young as six are snatched from their beds or on their way to or from school in order to give testimony or be questioned.
Military judge cites discrimination after police fails to bring settler involved in the clashes to court.
Ten years after the Or Commission was formed to investigate the deaths of 13 Arabs protesters at the hands of Israeli police, the government is taking contradictory steps toward implementing its findings.
Ian McEwan, John le Carré and Julian Barnes are among British authors backing impoverished Palestinian villagers against Israeli army attempts to evict them to make way for a shooting range.
The Ramat Migron outpost is identified with young, extreme right-wing settlers known as the hilltop youth. In recent years, several Palestinians have been attacked and property destructed in the area.
State responds to two High Court petitions to stop planned evacuation of eight villages in south Hebron hills.
Detention of child in Hebron meant to 'thwart a security threat,’ IDF's legal adviser says, but adds that soldiers erred in detaining boy’s father; B'Tselem: Soldiers committed 'grave errors.'
Court responding to petition charging that nobody questioned the Border Police soldier who fired the tear-gas canister that cracked Tristan Anderson's skull in 2009.
When you’re a child musician from Gaza, not a rock star like recent Arab Idol winner Mohammed Assaf, the Israeli army labels you a security risk, and getting to Ramallah is a far more arduous journey.
Everything seems to be forbidden here; only the water tower of Avigail, the vineyards of Sussia, the cowsheds of the Maon Farm and the home of Mitzpe Yair are apparently permitted.
David Grossman, Amos Oz and AB Yehoshua are among 24 writers calling for reprieve for villages in South Hebron hills
25.06.2013[The Daily Beast]
The gathering was organized by the Association for Civil Rights in Israel and Breaking the Silence, among others. And it was an answer to the rallying cry of a group of Israeli authors who had signed a letter penned by one of their number—David Grossman—who called to all "those who are still able...
20.06.2013[The Jewish Daily FORWARD]
"by speaking out about the nature of the occupation and what it does to generations of young people serving in the IDF, these women are doing something far more provocative. For their honestly, they merit the gratitude of all of us who care about Israel."
Gil Hillel, and activist in Breaking the Silence, writes about the routine of occupation.
Testimonies from former Israeli soldiers have failed to touch the Israeli public or change the state’s policies. The IDF gives an ‘explanation’ for why it ignores these and all other occupation stories told by the men and women of Breaking the Silence.
This campaign is of special significance to me because it gives voice to the women who comprise Israel’s army and its mechanism for continued occupation and oppression, happening within a society (local and global) in which, as women, they already exist in a gender power dynamic of systematic discrimination...
- Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:32:39As we celebrate our freedom from slavery this Passover holiday, we must remind ourselves that the new settlement...
- Sun, 13 Apr 2014 20:58:04Meretz slams Ya'alon's decision to allow settlers to populate Hebron building | JPost | Israel News
- Sun, 13 Apr 2014 19:38:10As we speak, the settlers of Hebron are entering the "House of Contention" with the approval of the Israeli...
- Sun, 13 Apr 2014 18:51:53The IDF is connecting the settlement to water. @IDFSpokesperson is that really the army's job?
- Sun, 13 Apr 2014 18:46:21RT @ShovrimShtika: צה"ל מחבר את הדיירים החדשים למים.
- Sun, 13 Apr 2014 17:38:48A new settlement in the making. Now in #hebron
- Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:38:22Everyone has been talking about the settler violence in the illegal outpost of Yitzhar, but the real victims of...
- Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:19:20Breaking the Silence: 2 Hebron Police: 0
Just now, a hearing was supposed to take place regarding our appeal of...
- Tue, 08 Apr 2014 21:35:10Last night, Another incident of settler violence against security forces, in the settlement of Yitzhar. As we...
- Mon, 07 Apr 2014 20:45:39Tomer, who served in Hebron, tells of his first encounter with the grim reality of life in Hebron, when he found...
- Sun, 06 Apr 2014 19:23:40I posted 55 photos on Facebook in the album "Hebron tour 4.4.14"
- Sun, 06 Apr 2014 19:03:58For almost a decade we arrive with tours to Hebron, to show the public the reality of the occupation. Last...
- Sun, 06 Apr 2014 18:55:21I posted 24 photos on Facebook in the album "Hebron tour 4.4.14"
- Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:43:51We're now in the center of the ghost town of Hebron with 250 people who joined us to see the reality in city for...
- Thu, 03 Apr 2014 23:34:40Noam Sheizaf at +972 Magazine on Yehuda Shauls arrest and the efforts to prevent all of us from seeing,...
- Thu, 03 Apr 2014 20:18:16RT @MikeOmerMan: RT @972mag: @BtSIsrael founder detained in Hebron, banned from city for 14 days
- Thu, 03 Apr 2014 16:35:23For those who are not familiar, this is Yehuda Shaul, and as of today - he is not allowed in Hebron for two...
- Wed, 02 Apr 2014 14:23:09Speaking of breaking the silence: occupation, occupation, occupation! there, we said it!
Jon Stewart on...
- Wed, 02 Apr 2014 13:52:09Speaking of breaking the silence..
#sheldonadelson - so there are no occupied territories? Anything else you'd...
- Tue, 01 Apr 2014 15:05:51Last friday, we went on tour of Hebron organized by T'ruah with students from: The Pardes Institute of Jewish...