In two cables from '67 and '68, Foreign Ministry officials admit violations of Geneva Conventions, instruct diplomats how to evade need for compliance by eschewing use of the word ‘occupation.’
Sources familiar with the plan said the land envisioned for new housing only allowed for a handful of homes, Haaretz learns.
In testimony at his manslaughter trial for summarily executing a disarmed Palestinian attacker, Elor Azaria is openly describing the violence, de-humanization, hatred, and settler domination that defines the occupation. But make no mistake, he’s not...
Irish author Colm Toibin toured the West Bank last week to collect material for his contribution to an a 2017 anthology.
Critics say law, which mandates special requirements for NGOs that get most of their funding from foreign governments, disproportionately targets human rights organizations.
Seeing the reality of Hebron with groups like Breaking the Silence is important. But it’s even more crucial to take the anti-occupation message back into our Diaspora Jewish communities.
Their literary reflections on all aspects of life in the territories - from the military court system to Ramallah’s hip-hop scene - will be published in 2017 in an anthology organised by Breaking the Silence, a group of former Israeli soldiers trying...
$20,000 donation almost four times amount of Ben-Gurion University prize nixed by its president.
By retracting a prize to Breaking the Silence in the name of 'the consensus', Ben-Gurion University has made a dangerous capitulation to the forces that seek to suppress civil society.
The anti-occupation NGO was to get a prize for Jewish-Arab understanding until Ben-Gurion University's president overturned her department head's decision.
The dissonance generated by a visit to Hebron and a dinner in Tel Aviv jolted Israeli-born writer Ayelet Waldman. It also sparked the genesis of a project with her husband, writer Michael Chabon, and Breaking the Silence: enlisting world-famous writers...
Israel is trying to force a leading anti-occupation NGO to reveal the identities of the soldiers who testified to it.. a move that the group says will effectively put it out of business.
This case smacks of scapegoating. Instead of investigating the Israel Defense Forces’ assault policies, as reflected by the last Gaza war, the Military Police and State Prosecutor’s Office are focusing on a single case of low-level severity.
The state’s attempt to bring down one of Israel’s most important anti-occupation organizations may backfire in a big way.
Case is being brought against Breaking the Silence, which publishes anonymous testimonies of Israeli soldiers.
State attorney wants NGO to reveal soldiers who gave testimony about troops' misbehavior.
we must ask ourselves if we have fulfilled the dream of our founding fathers, or whether the ongoing occupation of the Palestinian people prevents us from establishing a society based on freedom, justice and peace. If the latter is true, as I believe...
07.05.2016[The Washington Post]
The organizers hope their words will kindle reflection, outrage, change. They think that after five decades of daily news coverage, often numbing in its narrative of stalled 'peace processes' and kill-reprisal-repeat, the Israel-Palestinian conflict needs...
“Despair is a luxury,” wrote Waldman and Chabon in their announcement of the book, explaining that that they had decided to use “our voices and our words” to bear witness to Israel’s lengthy military occupation rather than turning away in hopelessness....
Award-winning Australian author Geraldine Brooks returns to the Middle East, where she began her career as a journalist, to observe life under Israeli occupation for a book that will mark 50 years since Israel took control of the West Bank.
in campus environments where hostility to and suspicion of Israel and the IDF run high, men and women like Nadav show skeptics that Israeli soldiers are not monsters, but complex human beings. They show that there are Israelis committed to helping their...
- Fri, 14 Oct 2016 12:04:18This has been our past week
Join us for a tour to Hebron with soldiers who served there>> https://t.co/wTxCIa1JUt https://t.co/i3iq7rWAJT
- Thu, 13 Oct 2016 16:06:45Yom Kippur has passed, but the center of Hebron still close to Palestinians. Every day, for years. https://t.co/gUEY9W4J90
- Mon, 10 Oct 2016 20:36:42"There's no law, it’s like the wild west." [Hebron, 2012]
Read the full testimony here>> https://t.co/btl1YcngDA…/database/576623
- Fri, 07 Oct 2016 18:28:29We had a full week of activities
Join us on a tour to the OPT with soldiers who served there https://t.co/3E8bN9USty https://t.co/k5tI2md2zk
- Thu, 06 Oct 2016 17:44:28Congratulations to @ayeletw & @michaelchabon their activism against the occupation has won them in The Jposts list
- Sun, 02 Oct 2016 12:07:54New year - old occupation.
more than ever, we, the soldiers that were there, are committed to fight the occupation. https://t.co/bNVxKfv5ej
- Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:47:3916 years passed since the 2nd Intifada.
There is no military solution to a political problem
- Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:27:03Join us on tour of Hebron to understand how occupation really works>> 7th of October 2016>> https://t.co/SJegVEY7ib https://t.co/56yUE0Bk67
- Sun, 25 Sep 2016 12:48:31On Friday we set out on tour of the South Hebron Hills with @truahrabbis students planting trees with #Susiya ppl. https://t.co/MjqcvTbzM8
- Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:35:52For 49 years Israel's been churning diplomatic excuses into ideology for which we are being sent to the territories https://t.co/XD5HQZdn5p
- Wed, 21 Sep 2016 18:20:45"Most of what you’re doing is making your presence felt and guarding illegal outposts.">> https://t.co/8NhgsfT5MJ https://t.co/YPstXYKwF1
- Tue, 20 Sep 2016 18:07:08A new report by @btselem summarizes two years since Operation Protective Edge, the results do not surprise us>> https://t.co/PJzt4GnyGV
- Thu, 15 Sep 2016 14:51:29"The guy didnt intend to put up any resistance. He was really nice. I mean he was very meek" https://t.co/7WoEW6elT4 https://t.co/cGGz1iGbD0
- Mon, 12 Sep 2016 15:37:03We are in Hebron on tour with students from @YachadUK, join us on our next tour of the city> https://t.co/HN45mM6ctj https://t.co/RqnfNJVggf
- Fri, 02 Sep 2016 16:07:13"That’s the sort of demonstration of presence.. little harassment like that." >> https://t.co/R3psoUS0HI https://t.co/iA3BWjAZhl
- Tue, 30 Aug 2016 15:00:07Why did I break the silence? https://t.co/MR32RHQr1p https://t.co/U4cnzkvK5d
- Wed, 24 Aug 2016 09:43:36We have just one question - Who are you sending us to protect? Israel, or the occupation? https://t.co/YV4INJ8LAj
- Fri, 12 Aug 2016 11:47:52Sign this petition by @jstreetdotorg againt the demolition of Susyia & support justice, equality and dignity of life https://t.co/lBdDSUobdR
- Thu, 11 Aug 2016 14:56:30We're happy to announce the partnership with @truahrabbis to bring diaspora Jews to see the Occupied Territories>> https://t.co/oRyOne7LfY
- Tue, 09 Aug 2016 14:06:18Today the Civil Administration demolished 5 homes in Umm el Khair. 27 adults and 16 minors were left homeless. https://t.co/QNQUzBjjb2